Connector Plug for Yamaha Fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connector Plug for Yamaha Fairing

I have one of the original standard Yamaha Factory fairing that has the 12 wire 1" x 3/4" plug on the pig-tail wiring from the fairing to the bike's wiring harness. The years have taken it toll on the plastic plug and i'm in need to replace it. I've searched and have not had any luck in locating a 12 wire replacement. I have found 8 and 9 wire connector plugs that might work but I thought that maybe someone on the site might have found some 12 wire connector plugs.
    Do'Lee
    XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
    (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
    (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
    (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
    SR500H "Silver Streak"

McMaster-Carr has 12-pin female and male connectors. See their catalog on page 724 for the shells and pins. Link to main page is:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search on "9 pin connectors" then scroll down untill you see the connectors you need. They are listed as "Miniature Sockets and Components."

Should you go this way, I have extra .093 pins I can send you. I bought a pack of male and female pins (100 each) but only used a few, have sent a few out to other listers, have quite a few left.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

The connector is a standard AMP model. You should be able to find something in one of the electronics catalogs, or go to the AMP web site. This is part of the web page, I know it won't all fit. http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/T...2519&LG=1&I=13
      Ifound this part number, 1-480278-0 for 1/2 of the connector. The pins and all are still available, so it should be easy to order everything, and put a new wire harness together.
      As I have the same fairing, IF you need to order a large quantity, we may be able to go together and get everything. I'm just now painting my fairing, and have NOT looked at the wires in months. If I do need to replace, I'll let you know, and probably order a few extra parts. I build all my wire harnesses with MARINE wire, so it will last a LONG time.
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hey Do Lee - let me know if you can't get ahold of a connector. The local bike bone yard has a couple of these original fairings and I could check to see if the connector is salvageable.
        Yamaha Believer

Jack of all trades - Master of none

79 XS1100, Macho Maroon
        80 XS1100, came and gone
        80 XS650 Special, friends for years
        86 XV1100, putt-around-town bike

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if I can get the electrical/electronic shop where I work to purchase the shell for me. I have the pins already I just need the shell.
          Do'Lee
          XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
          (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
          (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
          (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
          SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

Working...
          X