looking for some info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some info.

When the shop put the new tire on the front said it was a tube tire thought that the 80 standard was tubeless ? Any thoughts ...never had a blow out before on the front anywho and the only other bike I owned that had tube tires was a 650 triumph we did more walking than riding.Also am going to find tops to the bags with the hardware as the PO saw fit to glass over the tops to keep waterproof. i just sent for the Tkat fork brace to see if that helps with the way the front feels underfoot'And finally if anyone out there has any ideas on putting some tunes in the faring would love to hear about it.
    79 XS 1100 sf

the rims were changed in '80. The early bikes still had the tube type rims, later ones had the tubeless. I've put many miles on both types, and as long as the pressure is good, you should have no problems.
    The tunes in the fairing depends on what fairing you have. The early pacifico fairing has a full blown dashboard with room for everything. The Vetter fairings need a radio attatchment to install anything. I would just get an I-Pod type player, and use it. mush easier, and the headphones hide in the helmet.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I second the I-pod idea, much better than using Cycle Sound that bolts to 2 windshield mounting bolts. I have done both and the with the I-pod you can hear over the wind noise and you don't have to screw around changing the station if your in the boonies. I have a good cycle sound I'll sell to you if you decide to go that route.
      There's always a way, figure it out.
      78XS11E

Comment

I have a cheap little mp3 player that holds about 120 songs, plus it has FM radio if you get tired of the songs. I currently just use the little ear buds inside my helmet, but have been looking at the helmet speakers I have seen. The couple things with this setup I have seen that I don't like, is if you are riding two up, you both can't listen to the same thing... without some wire splicing, and you have to make sure there are no wires hanging loosely. The wind jiggles the wires around and eventually pulls them out of your ears, or you just get tired of the wires slapping you. I just run them under my coat or shirt, and no problems... and mp3 player is about the size of a BIC lighter, so you can just put it wherever.... preferably where the sun DOES shine!

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own