Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now a guru

O.K., it's official. I'm now a "GURU"
    So when do I get the dancing girls and free brre??
    And di I "need" an avitar?
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

"Guru status... and spelling goes to hell!"

Let me have the honor and privilege to be the first to congratulate you, Diver Ray. May your charging system always function and may you remember to always put the side stand down before getting offa your bike. (Ok... I dropped my first bike at work last week!)
    Just a Guru Tip for you.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Two kinds of Guru???

"(Ok... I dropped my first bike at work last week!)"

Those that have dropped, and those that are gone to drop one.

Beer on me next time we hook up Guru DiverRay, as for the girls your on your own. (wait a minute,...... thought newbe Gurus are supposed to buy?? )

Now that I think about it, what ever happened to XS650Mike.
      Attained his "Guru status" and has disappeared. Guess some guys can handle this guru stuff better than others

mro
      btw
      Avitar
      The monkey mechanic w/base ball bat standing on a tranny might "fit" you.

Comment

"XS650Mike is still celebrating"

I received a postcard from Mike just yesterday. He's drinking the free beer, chasing the free women, and enjoying his free vacation on the coast of Baja, California that XS11.com provides to all Gurus once a year.

Comment

Ever try and put a bike on the lift with a side stand down? Ouch
          "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

I'll just be sure to have the side stand UP before I take off. (sorry John) But then, I usually use the center stand, as the longer rear shocks cause the bike to lean WAYYY over.
            Ray
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Re: now a guru

Originally posted by DiverRay
              Ray
              congrats ray!
              "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
              History
              85 Yamaha FJ 1100
              79 yamaha xs1100f
              03 honda cbr 600 f4
              91 yamaha fzr 600
              84 yamaha fj 1100
              82 yamaha seca 750
              87 yamaha fazer
              86 yamaha maxim x
              82 yamaha vision
              78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I'll just be sure to have the side stand UP before I take off. (sorry John) Ray
                "So k, Ray" You just had the chance to post it before I did.

Comment

Hey Prom,

You NEITHER had the honor nor privilege to be the first!! I actually posted the below quoted reply in
                  This Brake Hardware thread when his reply put his count to 1000 and got the Guru status . But it either got scrolled off the main page, or Diver didn't see it!
                  At least it wasn't "Sloppy" seconds!

06-25-2006 10:46 PM

TopCatGr58

All HAIL the NEW GURU!!
                  Let me be the first to congratulate you on your newly acquired status of "X"aultant GURU!!

I was wondering if you were noting your post count and whether you were going to post this one tonight, or wait until tomorrow!

Of course as evident of your vast knowledge and experience, you were already an acting GURU! Who needs a badge to verify what we already knew?!
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Re: now a guru

Ray
                    So what did you do to become a guru?

Geezer
                    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I see, T.C. I guess what had happen was that he made Guru while he was answqering another thread or something. Not the way I did it, where my inflated ego forced me to start a thread so that I could be worshipped.(Or something like that)

Comment

Hey Tony,

He made the 1000 posts mark, which elevates one to the GURU status! You attained that some time ago!

Prom,

"Its all my fault your honor, if I'd had more time, I could have hammered him into shape, but the bleeding hearts and artists.....

Just 5 minutes, your honor, him and me alone!"
                        We'll straighten you out! You can't build a wall high enough!
                        T.C.

PS. YES, DiverRay, you do need an Avatar! Wonder what it will look like?
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

"Thank you, Worm, Your Honor..."

Yeah, I know... "... showing feelings of an almost human nature...This will not do."
                          Ever try and put a bike on the lift with a side stand down?
                          Winterhawk, I did that last week for the first time, too! Was busy, got overworked and tired. Sidestand hit the ramp, and she leaned waaaay to the right but I didn't lose it. (Glad it was a customer's bike, and not mine)

I 'member when I made Guru... went to the local public house to celebrate. There was a nice looking "Susie" sittin' alone, so I walked over.
                          "Hey Baby... where have you been all my life?"
                          "Well, for the first half of it, I probably wasn't born yet..."
                          (Some people just don't appreciate greatness when they see it.)

Avatar: Yeah, Diver Ray... make it a good one! (Well, first put up a shabby one so we can mock you)

Comment

Guru?

Waitaminit, I thought Guru’s were supposed to be celibate and sit alone on mountain tops subsisting on dewdrops and lotus blossoms and have Seekers go through Hell to find them and ask them the Meaning of Life. Better you should be a mad Monk like Rasputen.
                            Aye, Rasputen! Now there was a role model! Rubbing elbows with high rollers and aristocracy; parties with wild, horny, rich women, vodka and drugs! But then of course he was poisoned, stabbed, shot, and drowned. Legend has it that his body was disinterred by some female cult followers, his legendarily ample male member was removed from his corpse and was passed around by said female cult members as a, er, talisman for years afterward.
                            Damn: mountaintop or dildo, mountaintop or dildo. Think about it Ray. I think I’d just as soon be dumb scooter trash!
                            Master gearhead you most assuredly are: but Guru?
                            Keep the rubber side down.
                            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

mountaintop or dildo
                              Oh nice job, E.Liberty, good goin'! Can't wait to see what is avatar is now going to be!

Comment

Working...
                              X