The 2006 International XS1100 Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2006 International XS1100 Rally

Was held this year in the UK, a full rally report with pictures is on the XS1100 UK chat forum and can be found here

It was blooming marvelous !
    Brian
    XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
    Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Well done. You guys sure know how to throw a prarty!
    Ken Talbot

Comment

As we pulled off all together, the sound of first gear being selected almost simultaneously on 80 bikes could have triggered seismic activity!
      With most of them being XS11's I don't doubt it a bit! Looks like a great time!
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Re: The 2006 International XS1100 Rally

Man, If I had enough money I would ship my bike over just for that rally!
        1979 XS1100 Special (Chrome Queen)

Comment

Well the next one is close to Paris, France, so why not fly over to take your partner on a tour of the Champagne vineyards and 'accidently' find an XS1100 rally going on
          Brian
          XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
          Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Just thinking out loud (through the keyboard), I live in a Country where you can ride through some of the most breathtaking scenery in the whole World but I can't find more than three or four XS1100 owners in the whole of Australia.

We here in Oz know how to put on a party. Remember the 2000 Olympics, best ever etc?

I know these classic machines are rarer than rocking horse droppings in this Country and like I said I'm just thinking out loud.

I'm even going on a rally with a mate on the October long weekend to Condobolin and he's a Harleyoid! (He knows ****e from clay though, he invited me after telling his fellow Harlyoids that I have the XS and a few of his mates' curiosity was piqued)

So here I am off on my treasure with a bunch of Harleyoids all the while I'm sure, wishing I were in England!

And for an Aussie, that's pretty sad.
            Automotive Imbecile.
            Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
            '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
            1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Hey Stralya, I don't know about your XS but mine won't hardly go slow enough for the HD's to keep up.
              There's always a way, figure it out.
              78XS11E

Comment

I've solved that problem, I'll just pull a couple of plug leads and ride with the front brake squeezed in a bit...
                Automotive Imbecile.
                1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Junk Run

Hey Stryla better drizzle a pint of 90W all over your beauty and keep some smaller HD parts in your pockets to drop along the route. That way you will fit right in.
                  wingnut
                  81 SH (Daily Ride)
                  81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                  81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                  82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                  81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Good Idea But how do I go about turning my nose up at anything non-HD

Iv'e met a couple of them, they seem nice blokes, I'm off to one of their club meetings shortly so I'll keep you posted.

Dan.
                    Automotive Imbecile.
                    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Hey Stal, there'll be a good party next week when NZ hammer the Wallabies into submission.(it's rugby lads) Don't fret though matey, we'll scull a few Tooheys for ya

Comment

Oh really? By the way, it's Stralya, as in OZ tralya.

Don't let fear hold you back, go here an put your money where your mouth is.

https://www.sportsacumen.com/betshop...9aac1e03ae#top

Or, to avoid the middle man, simply open a window and empty the contents of your wallet.

The Wallabies will win by 16

Yours,

Dan.

(soon to be re employed Bledisloe Cup polisher)
                        Automotive Imbecile.
                        1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Hey Stral, 24 hours or so till kick-off matey. The odds are dropping I see We've got some lovely weather down here at the moment for your boys - zero degrees and howling southerlies fresh from the South Pole. A wee bit different than sunny Queensland, heh-heh. I'm almost feeling sorry for the poor Wallabies. Almost.

P.S. We'll be looking for bulk supply of silver-polish. At least 20 years worth

Comment

http://ninemsn.sportal.com.au/defaul...splay&id=85168

http://www.betterliving.co.nz/net/fo...x?PostID=25304

Automotive Imbecile.
                            1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Bad luck Stral, don't give in yet, it's best of 3. Just don't put your money on Aussie

Comment

Working...
                              X