Laguna Seca Invatation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laguna Seca Invatation

Well, the Solvang Rally was poorly attended, but what it lacked in quantity was compensated for in quality: after all, DiverRay and I were both there. (We have decided that we are the President and Vice President of the Santa Cruz Chapter of the XS11 Owners Association. We rotate the titles weekly.) We had the pleasure of meeting two of our fellow travelers from the LA area, namely PlaneDick and Mason79.
    But on to the future!
    The international superbike races are coming to Laguna Seca outside of Monterey on the weekend of July 21st, 22nd, and 23rd. Cannery Row is usually closed to cars on Sat. night, and is open to bikes only. I’ve gone down the last couple of years and it is really cool. Even if you can’t afford a ticket to the races, or like me, procrastinate until it’s too late, Cannery Row is worth a trip in itself.
    I live an easy 60 miles from Monterey, and could accommodate a couple of riders at my place overnight if anyone wants to come down for it.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Dear Mr. President, about Sat. night

That sounds pretty cool.
    As we get closer to that date I'll know if I'm available

How much is "bikes only".

mro

Comment

The racetrack is CLOSED to cars! All cars MUST park at an outside location, and motorcycles ONLY will be allowed to park at the track for the races. You will have to fight the shuttle buses, but that is it.
      I'll be someplace back east, probably close to Ohio by that weekend, so I won't be able to make it. The afternoon/evening on Cannery Row should be great, so if anyone can make it , it's worth while. This is the ONLY international race in the US, so there should be bikes from all over!
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Solvang

It dosn't cost anything to get onto Cannery Row... you just go! It helps to get there early, say, mid afternoon. Get there too late and even bikes have to park a block or two away. I'm not positive if it's Saturday nite or Sunday, but Saturday makes more sence.
        Ya sure! C'mon down MRO, and we'll ride down together! I've got a little shed out back that is vacant right now and I could put up another rider or two if you are willing to sleep on my lawn. Plus, Henry Cowell Park is only a few blocks away, but you should make reservations now for camping. I could help in this reguard: you have but to ask.
        Keep the rubber side down!
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
        X