Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Plan!?

Hey Gene,

First, see my post in the Machinist thread!! Been kinda busy with that project, and need to get things going and get my plates back into production, lots of folks wanting them!! Once I get caught up on them, then I will be turning my attention to Godzilla!

I'm going to keep it in it's current frame. I've got a trashed frame, serial number filed off that I can practice with first in cutting away the outer flat sections that are around the steering neck and cross and down tubes. Depending on how hard or easy that goes will determine HOW I will attempt to weld some bracing to the steering neck/downtubes! I will be swapping out the TT assembly from the 81 Standard I have onto Godzilla which will hopefully increase the rake angle back out a few degrees. I also will be putting on a new front tire that doesn't have that friggin' raised ridge section which I think is also contributing to my oversteer action when I get into a turn and hit a certain angle?

While I'll have the tank off I will probably try to play with the spare XJ tank and see what mods I need to do to it to get it to fit so that I can finally clean/recoat and paint it and put it on, along with the other parts I want to repaint! That's it!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

welds

I'd be much more worried about the metal fatigue in the bends than the welds, a proper weld can take a beating. Personally I'd take Bruce up on the offer of the new frame. Better safe than sorry. That way you're also free to play around with the old bent frame maybe you could salvage it into something cool.

Comment

Working...
      X