Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Father's Day!

Hey everybody,

Sure is rather quiet around here these past few days!! The good weather combined with the Holiday has people doing other fun stuff instead of hanging around here!!

Anyways, just wanted to wish everyone a hope that they had a great Father's Day today! Regrettably my Swmbo lost her plumbing by the time I came along(her 3rd my 1st), and so I never had any kids of my own. She had a son that was already a teenager when we got together. I've been a great "UNCLE", and am now a Step Grandpa many times...he son has 4 now! SO...I can only enjoy this day by default, not by any TRUE effort!! Also, lost my Father in Spring 2000 , was the impetus to get GODZILLA and revive it. Life's too short. I think of him often whenever I ride, he loved to drive his ?64 Mustang Convertible almost as fast as I drive Godzilla!!

SO here's to good memories of current fathers as well as those that have gone on to the beyond!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Well.... look on the bright side TC. SWMBO can't ever look at you when the kids screw up, and say "He must have gotten that S%&% from you!"
    I have 2 boys, but the wife has lost her plumbing also. I always say... "She doesn't have all the original equipment she came with... but we still like to play with the box it came in!"
    I lost my dad in Feb of 2000 also. I still think of him all the time. Hope everyone had a great Father's day.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

This is my second one and I am loving it Happy Fathers Day to all.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I'm spending the day with my two. 20 and 19 now. Don't have a SWMBO anymore, but I'm riding again and happy.
        I also think of my dad, as my sisters say I'm a copy!! He passed on in '85, before I had my two.
        But a happy day to all fathers, and dad's.
        Ray
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X