XS11.com=Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS11.com=Refuge

Aahh. Good ol' XS11.com. It's nice to be here. I just spent most of the day troubleshooting my laptop. I recently went "on the road" on a temp contract and prior to leaving I thot I'd wisely? install all the latest service packs and updates on my laptop. Big mistake trusting MS on that. Now I can't send e-mail (I can receive tho')...socket error 10061 error 0x800CCCOE. Windows Update doesn't work any more. error 0x800A0046. I've read computer user forums all day and have received countless recommendations to fix the bugs, none of which have yet worked. I'm getting close to turning this laptop into a UFO so decided to take a break on XS11.com, have a beer and vent a little. Sadly, I left my XS at home and will likely be gone most of the summer. . But you gotta make hay when the sun's shinin' (or somethin' like that). Any computer gurus out there dealt with this mess? I have Windows 2000 pro.
    Dennis
    Dennis

Have you tried a system restore back to a point before you made the changes
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

install netscape to get you going
      later back up everything and format and start over
      http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
      78E main ride, since birth the "good"
      78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
      78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
      79F Parts
      80G Parts
      75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

MS fix

I had a similar problem with XP Pro and when it asked me if I wanted to send an error report, for the first time ever I clicked on yes. Next day upon awakening I found my computer had rebooted and was waiting for me to logon. MS had fixed it during the night. Glad I have DSL and a network so they can do that.
        You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
        Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
        Drilled airbox
        Tkat fork brace
        Hardly mufflers
        late model carbs
        Newer style fuses
        Oil pressure guage
        Custom security system
        Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...