Canadian registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian registration

I have recently purchased a 1100 without ownership. Have any of you in Ontario gone through the process of registration without ownership. I know the license bureau can walk me through this but I would like real world experience from others first if possible.

thanks
    greg
    Greg

"An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses"

I have no experience with this, but would think that as long as you have the receipt you should be ok. Once you're on the road let me know.

Comment

It will be some time until I am on the road. This is a project/hobby bike for me. It requires a great deal of work and even greater amounts of money (neglected outside for years.tree fell on it etc.). Cost wise it is not financially worth restoring so this will be a custom refurbish. Plus I have a Suzuki 900 to do first. When I do start hopefully this winter (wishful thinking perhaps) I will update my progress.

greg
      Greg

"An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses"

Comment

first get it papered

Hi Greg,
        best you check the registration possibilities before you pour time & money into the bike and then find you can't ride it on the street.
        Fred Hill, S'toon.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I will definitely be doing that as it's always possible it's stolen or has a lien on it although it is worth almost nothing.

greg
          Greg

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm certain I heard a buddy from work say that you can go to a Justice of the Peace, and swear before him/her that the bike is, to the best of your knowledge, not stolen and they will issue you an ownership.

Will try and run across him at work tomorrow and double check with him.
            Brian
            1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
            1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
            remembering the same thing!

Comment

I found out from the license bureau today that the easiest way to do this is to take the previous
              owner to the bureau and for $10 they do a search on the serial # and reissue a ownership if it
              comes up in his name. He will most likely be cooperative if I pay the $10. Thanks for all the support.

greg
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X