Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greg,

I just got a quote of $383/year from Dalton Timmis Insurance Group for FULL coverage, $500 deductibles on everything. They deal with a company that has a vintage bike special. If you pare it back to just liability they have to go to another company and the price goes to about $750.

I was so impressed with the price that I followed up with them twice to confirm.

Comment

Yep,

Progressive. Have all my cars and the XS with them. $75 a year for the XS.

Comment

Hey Meatloaf...
        The Dalton Timmis site says you need an appraisal. How much did that run you?
        1979 xs1100sf
        1972 cb500 four

Comment

Haven't got it yet. Doing front brakes for safety this weekend. They gave me a list of preferred appraisers. I'll post in here when I know.

Comment

Thank you very much.
            I'm not riding this year because we are saving to buy a house, and I can only find insurance for 750$ like you said before.
            The nearest appraiser to me listed on their site is Motor City Custom .Unfortunatly, I believe they only work on harleys and indians there. About 10 years ago I needed a tire mounted on the fj1100 I had back then (I miss that bike), and Motor City being the closest bike shop to me, I phoned and asked them if they could do it for me. They just kept saying "no, we only work on harleys here". Ended up doing the tire change myself by hand..
            Maybe they have changed their policy since then, but I doubt it....

Maybe I will call them and give them a laugh, eh? "Hey Bernie, some guy just called and wanted us to appraise his JAP SCRAP!!"
            1979 xs1100sf
            1972 cb500 four

Comment

Like said before. what kind of coverage do you have. I'm with American Family. I pay $120.00 a year for liability on MIYAMI. I also have my homeowners and other vehicles. The way I have it set up, It costs me about $30.00 a year more for my bike but saves me about $30.00 a month for my pick-up and a bout $400.00 a year on my homeowners. Alot has to do with the state you live in, what your deductable is, your age, driveing record, and belive this or not, your credit history, I didn't have to get an appraisal for my bike unless I wanted to insure it as a collectable but then you have another ball of wax. You can only drive on certain days for only so many mile. I said bunk. I'll ride wherever whenever so NO thank you. Shop around you'll find something close to what your looking for. Just keep in mind that you may save a little each month with lower premiums and may never have a miss hap. But you defenetly want enough coverage if you ever need it.
              S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
              1-big XS patch
              1-small XS/XJ patch
              1-XS/XJ owners pin.
              1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
              2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
              1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
              1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X