Kudos to SanDisk and BestBuy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to SanDisk and BestBuy!

This is off topic, but what isn't in this FORUM!

I had gotten a SanDisk 256MB memory card for my little RCA Lyra MP3 player(really SWMBO's) back in Nov. 2004. Recently I tried to use it, and it crapped out! I had never registered it, but I did have the receipt. I went to their website, registered it, and then processed a return request, provided a copy of receipt and photos of card in an email reply. They then sent me a link to get a FedEx Airbill that I could print out, and afix to a letter envelope, and returned it to them(FREE SHIPPING)!

About 2 weeks later I just received a replacement card. The warranty for these things is 5 years, and thankfully with my receipt, they were able to honor it!

I've gotten a 512MB card for that MP3 player as well, and an XD style card for my Digital Camera, both work well.

Just wanted to post my good experience with them, their return process, etc.!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

That's good news. I'm looking for a SD card for my camera, it's good to know there's someone out there that cares about the customer. Thanks!

Ed Z
    It's an 80 LG My Midnight Ride
    81 XJ650 MAXIM The Preachers Bike (Gone but not forgotten)
    82 KZ 305 CSR Training Wheels (now my daughters)
    82 GS 850 GL SWMBO's (HER RIDE)

'He who wanders is not always lost."

Comment

It pays to keep your receipt!

Hey folks,

Another "nice" experience I had today! I bought this chinese Dynex brand 16x DVD-RW Dual Layer drive from Best Buy back in January this year. It seemed to work fine for about 5 months. Then a few weeks ago it wouldn't fix/finalize a disc, Cdrom or DVDrom! I made several coasters in the process!

I then remembered that it came with a program to Update the Firmware, so I reloaded that, and found a newer version, and installed that, and it seemed to get it to work again! I'm running WinXp/Sp2, and NeroBurningRom ver7.

Today, I burned about 7 DVD-R's with only about 1Gb's worth of data on each one, so I wasn't overheating it by any means! It started acting up again, this time was some sort of "Power Initialization" error or such, and failed. I let it cool off for 1/2hour, then it burned 1 more DVD, and then crapped out again.

I called Dynex's tech support, they said that it was a software issue since I had upgraded the Firmware from the OEM version? WTF?? Why did they put a program on the CD-rom they provided with the drive IF they didn't want us to use it to upgrade the firmware?!?! I told them to stick it!!!

The paperwork/warranty info that came with it stated that it was warranted for 1 year, and that the RETAILER would take it back for repair/replacement if defective! I called Best Buy, and they said bring it on in!

Got there WITH MY RECEIPT, they had discontinued carrying that brand/product, so they got a PIONEER (yeah baby ) equivalent featured drive and after processing what I paid for the Dynex, and the Instant $40.00 rebate, I got $25.00 in store credit, ALONG with a new Pioneer 16xDVD-R drive! AWESOME

Sometimes, the good guys do win!!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
      X