For anyone looking for aftermarket turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone looking for aftermarket turn signals

I recently purchase these and these LED turn signals. If you read through the description it will tell all about the "high quality" of these "metal" turn signals.

When they arrived, it was obvious that they were not metal at all, not even the bolt. I decided to keep them anyway because they look SO good. When I got around to mounting the very first one, the bolt snapped before it was even close to lightly snug.

I contacted the seller and didn't get a response. A week and a half later, I contacted a second time with mention of neg feedback and recieved a response that they did not do refunds on parts that were broken regardless of how not tight it was when it broke. He offer to send another set for $5 less and no shipping.

I am so tired of peoples obviously false advertising on ebay! What's more, I don't understand how sellers like this have such good feedback scores.

Anyway, don't buy these, they are crap, and so ends my rant. Anyone come across some nice signals lately? I am ashamed, but I have actually been considering going to a Hardly place. Maybe they have METAL signals with METAL posts.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Hey Jessie,

I just reviewed a thread in Product Evaluations, about the quality of PNM turnsignals, they too, are apparently plastic as well!?

Someone mentioned having ordered OEM quality metal ones from Dennis Kirk around $17.00 ea. I searched, but couldn't find any posts about MikesXS turn signals, but I thought I had read that someone had gotten some from them, and that they were good quality metal ones!?

Sorry to hear about your poor ebay experience. You could report them to EBAY for FRAUDULENT advertising. With their high Feedback rating, IF Ebay contacts them they might put some pressure on them to make things right...FULL REFUND, or they might loose their "privilege" of having their Ebay account with such a high feedback value!?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Jessie,

I reviewed those Ebay links. The first one definitely states that they are METAL, but the second one just says that it is CHROME. Chrome can be chromed plastic!? The first one has fewer LED's in it, the latter has many more LED's. So it looks like in the first one, you are paying for the metal housing, in the second one, you're paying for all of those LEDs!?

Good Luck! T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I got the special turn signals from MikesXS. Excellent quality, all metal. Exactly like the original. Can't complain about anything I've ever got from Mike's, really.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I really liked the sleak look of these. And I like the idea of half the size and twice as brite.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

On my Xs650

I have these:
            LED
            They are not chromed but all aluminum and you can polish them to look almost like chromed.
            The only thing that made me sick, all four of them had the board with the LED's on it shortened by one of the fixing screws.
            But that is something that could easily fixed.
            I do not know if you can order those over there.
            P.S. I had the same that you show in your link. And you are correct: CRAP!
            XS1100 and XS650- what do you need more?

Comment

sorry to hear about the ebay crap. I hate it when people are pawning crap as if it was gold.

most stuff nowadays is crap. Alot of things made overseas turns out to be sub-standard, poor metals, cheaply built, etc.

For parts like turn signals and stuff I like to find cool looking parts that are OEM. OEM parts are generally decent quality.

Better luck next time,

Dan
              Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

Working...
              X