"Meet Cha Halfway" Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Meet Cha Halfway" Rides

On another board (for a different brand bike that I don't own) I read and then attended a "Meet Cha Halfway" Ride. Basically, riders from San Antonio rode to Austin, met with another group from Waco and the group from the Austin area. We had a late breakfast. Then we all formed up and took the scenic route through College Station to Huntsville and meet up with a group from Dallas and one from Houston, we all had lunch and a BS session. Then we all headed back to where we came from. All done in a day, no over night stays, and I met riders from all over the state, at least the central and eastern part of the state.
    I totalled about 560 miles on that ride, a little long, but fun. Of course I'm now looking for some extra padding for Sancha's seat.... I know why cowboys walked bowlegged..... The concept of meeting up and forming bigger groups until all of the bigger groups met for lunch was kind of interesting. Just wondering if that has been tried here on the XS11 board, and if so, how well did it work? If it hasn't, maybe something to try in the future.
    "DuctTape"

- XS1100E (Project: Has a long way to go)
    - 2008 Honda Goldwing GL1800P
    Two Lane Road Riders Association
    Southern Cruisers
    TMRA, TxCOC, etc....

Sounds like a great idea!
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

This sounds like what a group of us in the NW did something like that when I first joined the group here.

Riders were picked up along the way with me joining in Portland. We ended up at Moe's in Lincoln City for lunch. The only time I got to ride at the front of the group was the last mile because I knew where Moe’s was. The rest of the time I struggled to keep up the rear…

It sure was a great day and it would be fun to do something like that again.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

When & where
        There's always a way, figure it out.
        78XS11E

Comment

I don't have the time to ride half way to Texas from Oregon. I'm having trouble keeping up with all I have to do as it is. Would be fun though...

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
          X