No announcement yet.

Naming my baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Ultramafic, but am really leaning towards Megathrust. Megathrusts are large earthquake events at subduction zones like the one that triggered the tsunami in indonesia in 2004. The same potential exists for the NW coast. It just sounds cool...MEGATHRUST!!!!
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

TopCatGr58, Thanks for the link to the 2003 name thread. I really liked reading about how people came up with their bikes names.
      It's interesting how many of us get so obsessed with these bike that our SWMBO's refer to them as our "mistress", or "girlfriend" and in my case, "Sancha" (The Other Woman).
      It says a lot for a bike when 25 plus years later, we find ourselves totally wrapped up in them.
      "DuctTape"

- XS1100E (Project: Has a long way to go)
      - 2008 Honda Goldwing GL1800P
      Two Lane Road Riders Association
      Southern Cruisers
      TMRA, TxCOC, etc....

Comment

Hey Jessie,

Yeah, that (MEGATHRUST)does sound appropro, as long as we know you're talking about tectonic plates, and not your LOVE LIFE!!
        Just don't paint it PURPLE, or we'll have some Freudian issues to work out!!

Remcool, glad you enjoyed it! Lots of good threads get buried after a while, nice to resurrect them for the newbies every once in a while! Stay cool!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
        X