Floor Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Boards

I have been looking every where on the web for floor boards (running boards, whatever name is prefered) for my "Sancha" (she's a XS11E). Does anyone know where or even if any are available?
    I have several welders (1 MIG and 2 Stick), maybe I'll just make a set....
    But, I'll ask here first!
    "DuctTape"

- XS1100E (Project: Has a long way to go)
    - 2008 Honda Goldwing GL1800P
    Two Lane Road Riders Association
    Southern Cruisers
    TMRA, TxCOC, etc....

Hey Remcool,

I hope this link works:
    JCW floorboards and such

But if not, just go to www.jcwhitney.com and click motorcycle, and then Floorboards and such, and you'll find Generic ones that might bolt on where you want!?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I checked on the link and found this

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...014704/c-10111

The first in the list has two sets, one for Harley Davidsons and one (are you ready for this?) for Motorcycles...I'm still laughing
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

There are some past threads on this; you might want to do a search using floorboards as a search item.

Depending on what size / design you want, there are a couple options. Drag Specialties makes a style that fits into many HD footpeg brackets, at least those that take a male 'peg', similar the the footpegs on the XS/XJ.

Here are 2 pics of my floorboard installation:
        Right side:

Left side:

Let me know if you would like any of the construction details. I went this way so the stock rear brake pedal could be used. Since these photos were made I've added a heel-toe shifter. Trick to making these boards comfortable is a slight angle forward. The Drag Specialties units can be moved up /down, also forward / back to get a good 'fit' for most any installation.

I bought these off eBay with no hardware, made my own with my buzz-box welder and a few pieces of steel, not a big deal. Total cost was around $45.00.

As you can see, these fit in the stock mounts, and I can switch back to stock pegs if I wish. Boards will flip up. I lowered them a bit from the stock height to give me a more comfortable angle for long-distance riding; this has reduced cornering clearance a bit. These boards are double-layer with rubber cushions between to absorb vibration, other styles are thinner and won't impact cornering clearance as much.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
        X