Solvang Rally Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solvang Rally Reminder

Just a reminder that the Solvang Rally is still a go for June 3rd and 4th. I just sent off 37 fliers announcing the event to California Yamaha dealerships: hopefully they will result in some new XSive riders coming into the fold.
    I emailed the museum to warn of our invasion and to invite the owner to join us on a group ride. I also asked for recommendations for an “affordable” motel where we might reserve rooms. Diver Ray suggested that he might be able to help in this regard.
    Maybe it’s time to RSVP. It might not hurt to make arrangements ahead of time just to make sure.
    I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone there.
    E.Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Coiunt me in...

I have been looking forward to this meet too and I have made reservations at the Best Western Pea Soup Anderson's Inn in Buelton for Sat night. There doesn't seem to be many things to see in the area that is shown on their web sites, but I'm sure there are many roads in the area that can be good rides.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

accomodations

I’m thinking my Missus and I will ride down to Paso Robles on Friday night, then jam down to Buelton to check into a room, unload some things, then ride on into Solvang Saturday morning. Unless, of course some Central Valley folks want to meet up and ride down together. All plans are tentative at this point. I’m assuming most riders won’t be able to make it until Saturday afternoon. Gotta fine tune when to meet, do the museum tour, eat, and do a group ride. Suggestions are hereby invited.
      Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

Damn! Can't make it...prior business commitment. I've got to man a booth at a bike show and judge a bikini contest.

Oh well!

~LoHo~
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

judge a bikini contest?>??

Hey LoHo,
          didn't i say I thought you have a very nice bike???

BTW, need any help with the judging part?

mro

Comment

Regarding "no shows"

Bummer, LOHO… having to judge bikinis instead of checking out all those classic bikes. I hope they have women inside them. The Bikinis, that is.
            I’m getting kinda tired of your excuses. We may have to get a committee together to pay you a visit some weekend this summer. Call you out, y’know? Take you on a ride. Maybe force some beer down you: you and any other flatlanders that can’t make it.
            Liberty

Comment

Xsesive non interest...

Seems not much interest here. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the other XS owners, but there doesn't seem to be many going to Solvang. There are a couple around here that I will try to get to go, but I don't know how successful I'll be. I'll be there anyway with "Rusty Dribbles"...
              You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
              Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
              Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system
              Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

I was going to make a day trip out of the Monday that was originally in the plans. The Monday was dropped so I had to too. A drag working weekends, the hospital never closes.
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Pat, If it helps, I'll take a day off work, and meet you out there. I will be going down with E.Liberty, but I can stay an extra day.
                  There are a few nice roads nearby, so I think we can get a nice Sunday ride in, before everyone heads back to points North, South, and East. Anyone going West will have a short ride.
                  Ray
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hey, E.Liberty, we missed you at Los Banos last year and on the Yosemite ride a couple of years ago, too, so there!

Guys, I don't think that we have to make each event a huge effort; now that the weather is nice, a day ride to the coast, or down Hiway 1, or to the Gold Country should be easier than it seems to be. After June 10, my summer weekends are open until August, for the most part. And with Hollister canceled, you guys might want to revisit the Valley Rendezvous in Madera...beer, babes, cigars, and bikes...heaven on earth!

~LoHo~
                    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Have been trying to get SWMBO interested in the Solvang trip without much success. She just wants to go to Big Sur and San Simeon even though I keep mentioning that it's only a little farther to Solvang. She's just not that interested in motorcycle museums and cutesy-poo ersatz Danish villages. She's expressed great interest in doing a Mt. Lassen, Mt. Shasta trip with a trip on the McCloud River Railroad dinner train. Looks more and more like I won't be going to Solvang. Gold Country looks iffy too since we were just up there a couple of years ago.
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                      XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Ride to solvang

I'm open to jamin' down with DiverRay on Saturday if some other Central Valley riders want to meet for a ride down. When I get in a "go mode" I'm hard to stop. I was thinking of riding part way down Friday P.M. for my wifes sake: not sure if she is up to that much of a ride.
                        I may be able to hold over 'til Monday to ride back: after all, both my wife and I are self employed. That means we can set our own hours, right? Muwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Anyway it might make a nice ride back up Hwy 1 thu Big Sur huh?
                        Also, Holister may or may not happen, but Cannery Row in Monterey is a great scene around the 4th of July during the superbike races. Cannery Row is closed to cages and is bikes only. I've gone the last couple of years. Unlike Holister, which is 95% Harley, Cannery Row is everything. I've seen a dozen almost identical Ducs all lined up, Honda CBXs, Vincents, Indians... all ridden there! I always thought it would be so cool to see a dozen XS 11s parked side by side. Time to start thinking abouit it now.
                        Liberty

Comment

Here's a dozen XS1100's. I'll have to find the one with 30 of them at this same rally. Big Island "Deuce" at Sid Clarks house on Victoria Island.

Pat Kelly
                          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                          X