Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts

Idon't know if this is the place to list parts for sale, but here goes. I'm parting out the wrecked 80G. Plus I have a foll set of Vetters. Windjammer w/ radio, hard bags & trunk for same bike.
    I have the all the keys and locks still work on the bags and trunk. All wiring is good and evrything works. It hurts to do this but there's not much else I can do. Price is ?

woodbutcher

Vetter stuff is going for pretty good prices these days. You may consider parting this stuff out separately. The Radio shell often goes for almost as much as the fairing, although with the advent of MP3 players the demand for a radio unit is declining. Same is true for lowers; often they will sell better as individual parts rather than with the fairing. Hint: look for the Type Number, should be on a decal on the back side of the lowers. Not all lowers fit all Vetters; the Windjammer V takes a different design. Again, mostly a matter of bolt hole pattern and the lowers can be modified to fit most farings, but some folks prefer, and will pay more for, bolt-on units.

The racks for the hard bags is somewhat bike-unique. You may get asked to sell the bags without the frames, since the frames need to be modified to fit other models. I know, my bags came from a Special and I had to modify the lower mount to fit my XJ. Not difficult, but some people are not willing to take this step.

Big item with the trunk is to make sure the lights work and you have the wiring pigtail to go with it.

I haven't paid close attention to the market in recent years, my guess is that $300 - $500 is probably within reach. Check eBay, search closed auctions to get an idea of past prices. Keep in mind larget markets that can avoid shipping charges bring better prices; it can now cost upwards of $100 to ship a Vetter, with bags, trunk, lowers, and hardware any distance at all. Plus it is a PITA to pack this stuff.

How bad is the '80g wrecked? Just front forks, or is there a bent frame and more serious damage?
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I know remccool (aka, duct tape) was looking for a set of bags.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

The trunk may have interest for me - possible to post a pic or email to knewsom@mac.com ?

Cheers,
        Kristoffer
        "Take apart yer carbs!"
        1978 XS1100E - "The Maroon Baboon" (SOLD)
        1979 XS1100 (3 of them) in the garage. Not deserving of names yet.

Comment

Got a left side cover, the one with the round mounting holes? Need one of those desperately.

Steve
          80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
          73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
          62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
          Norton Electra - future restore
          CZ 400 MX'er
          68 Ducati Scrambler
          RC Planes and Helis

Comment

RE: PM

Hi ya woodbutcher

Sent you a PM, you get it???