Wanted: two oil coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: two oil coolers

Been looking locally for oil coolers for the 80G and 80LG. None available here yet.

Should anyone have or come across one please let me know.

mro

A friend of mine has one, cooler, adapter plate, special bolt, and hoses. It came off his '78, but I'm sure one size fits all. He's asking $60 plus shipping but willing to negotiate.
    Brian
    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
    remembering the same thing!

Comment

Re: Wanted: two oil coolers

Originally posted by mro
      Been looking locally for oil coolers for the 80G and 80LG. None available here yet.

Should anyone have or come across one please let me know.

mro
      Should it come down to it, the cooler from an 81 XS 850 can be fitted to an 11. I ran one for many years. I had to cut the metal lines leading from the adaptor plate, and section in some cloth braided hose, similar to OEM oil cooler hose. I also had to use tie wrap, or zip ties as some folks call them, to attach the cooler to the frame, but it really wasn't that ugly an install. A clever man would have no problem making it work. Hell, if I could do it, anybody can.

Comment

Sent you a PM xssiveone

OEM would be nice, especially for the MNS

If I can't get two will look into what you say John. Had read somewhere that some other Yam's oil filter housing is the same as XS1100.

Thanks
        mro

Comment

The Yamaha triples use the same filter and filter cup as the XS11. The oil cooler adaptor plate is the same also.

Comment

Oil cooler

Good oil coolers are available from JC Whitney for about $45, Part #CC381481
            You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
            Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
            Drilled airbox
            Tkat fork brace
            Hardly mufflers
            late model carbs
            Newer style fuses
            Oil pressure guage
            Custom security system
            Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

There's an OEM oil cooler on the XS11 parts on ebay right now.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hi motoman

I'm watching it, but won't bid till near the end.

thanks,

mro

Comment

Hey MRO............farther on the list there's also the OEM plastic cover shroud that goes on that too. May have to choose xs11 off that top list to find it instead of yamaha xs1100 or yamaha xs with the space then 1100. Have at it as mine is an original 81 Venturer 1100 and already has all that from factory.
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

plastic cover shroud

Saw that too.

How do they look compared to just the cooler????

mro
                    btw
                    gota wait 4 more days before I even bid on the stuff
                    Plan to check a few local wreckers this week too...
                    Last edited by mro; 05-01-2006, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Mro.........looks like it belongs on the bike when cover is also attached. The ones I've seen with the cooler added, whether it be OEM or aftermarket look like an after-thought. and the cover will only fit with the OEM cooler. The after thought part is just my opinion, but I'm pretty finiky when it comes to the looks of the final result, likely more so than some.

Comment

good wooking

Yea, know what you mean.

The LG I hope to be a looker, the G is in pretty good shape but I ride it every day and just want the extra cooling because of traffic in the summertime. Don't mind lane splitting, but got a lot of idiots around here that go out of there way to screw w/bikers.

mro

Comment

Hmmmmm.....
                          I was looking at that shroud too for the XS850 oil cooler I have for my LG.
                          Guess I'll wait for the next one.
                          Pat Kelly
                          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

MRO,
                            Are you bidding on the oil cooler shroud? I see there is one bid. If you are going to bid on it then I won't. If you are not going to bid then I will.
                            Pat Kelly
                            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Just for your infomation............that shroud would only properly fit the OEM cooler.

Comment

Working...
                              X