Just Bought A Rolling Chassis...New Memeber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Bought A Rolling Chassis...New Memeber

Just wanted to say hello to all, I have never owned a motorcycle ever, bought a 1979 XS 1100 Rolling Chassis...I normally restore boats this is my 1st try at a motorcycle...Planning on resotring it but with a few modfications (fenders, seat, etc) Anyway pretty much whatever I do it will be in good taste...
    Just wanted to see how many of you have done this? Any suggestions? Thank You Very Much
    Mark R. Hannah

Re: Just Bought A Rolling Chassis...New Memeber

Originally posted by MarkAce1976
    Just wanted to say hello to all, I have never owned a motorcycle ever, bought a 1979 XS 1100 Rolling Chassis...[...]

Just wanted to see how many of you have done this? Any suggestions? Thank You Very Much
    Hi Mark,

I, also, picked up my very first bike just a few months ago, an '80 SG. I'm in the middle of rehab just yet. I think I'll be closer to a frame-off restore than a quick rework

Welcome to the club!

Eric
    Eric Roellig
    1980 SG w Windjammer V & KG hard bags
    **Very first bike**
    Current condition: Running!!! Lead, follow or get the #^%# out of my way!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place!
      Shiny side up,
      650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
      XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Hi ya MarkAce1976

Rolling Chassis...???
        this is my 1st try at a motorcycle...???

How much of the bike do you have?

Sounds like ebay's going to be getting some more business

mro

Comment

There are a lot of small parts that are removed with the engine. If you don't have these bits, you would be better off looking for a wrecked bike with a good engine. It'll take longer to find than an engine alone but it sure would make the project go together easier.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Well the enigne is complete minus the carbs...I basicly bought a Chassis, Enigine, Forks, Handle Bars and Wheels
            I sent a pic to the picture person on here hopeflly they will post it.

If not look it up on Ebay Item Number 4632829959
            And Link if it works is
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4632829959&sspa gename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

But Yes it looks as if I will be making many trips to Ebay and Rons used Cycle Parts here in town....
            Mark R. Hannah

Comment

That picture puts it in a different light. Save it as a parts bike for another XS11. All those small parts are going to cost you a fortune.

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hi Mark.

I hate to say it, but I think Geezer is right. Not counting anything else, by the time you buy a decent tank, carbs & boots, and seat, you would be approaching (In some cases passing) what many people here paid for a good running bike.
                If you just have it set in your mind to get this thing going over time... good luck, and Happy Ebaying! Come back here with your questions, and keep us informed.

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Winning bid: US $53.00

If you were able to p/u, good score

You can go here

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

to find what parts you need.

But what Geezer said.

I bought an 80LG in simular condiction, and was going to use as parts. BUT I got lucky and was able to aquire most of the missing parts from same guy.

Missed out on several good deals, running 79 for $300.00, non running 79 free , currently waiting to see if a local guy can sell a non running 78 for $500.00, offered him $200.00

mro

Comment

Mark,

I bought a set of carbs on ebay for a 1979 Xs11 from a loser in Tulsa and he never sent them. If you want ( I don't know how far it is from Broken Bow to Tulsa) you may try and pick them up from him. I can give you all the details if you are interested.

Marc

Comment

Oh that would be so awesome, I have some on my watch list and I am 5 minutes from Tulsa....This is an awesome website
                      Mark R. Hannah

Comment

Mark,

The address is 4977 East Maple Dr
                        Claremore, OK 74109

I paid $51 plus $9 shipping with a postal money order.
                        The auction ended Feb 16,2006
                        The payment was to Amanda Carbone

and it was to be sent to me (Marc Arredondo) at 19171 Bynum Dr
                        Flint, Texas 75762

If you want to try to retrive them, they are yours if you can get them. It has been so long that the auction number does not show up any more. I complained to Ebay and they never did anything about t. I tried to email the seller but never got a response.

Good luck,

Marc

Comment

The auction number was 4612282022 an the location address was
                          Collinsville, Ok 74021

Hope this helps,

Marc

Comment

Working...
                          X