Lake County Blessing of the Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake County Blessing of the Bikes

Saturday is the Blessing of the Bikes in Lakeport put on by the CMA and Iron Pigs MC (cop club). Always a fun event, lots of nice bikes. Last year the priest was talking about there being two blessings, the Catholic blessing where he sprinkled Holy Water and the Baptist blessing down at the lakeshore, total immersion. Of course everyone lined up for the Catholic blessing.

The ride afterward is a fun deal. When riding with the cops one thing no one worries about is the speed limit.
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Damn I wish I could get away this weekend, Mike.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

OK Mike,
      What time is it? I don't think I can make it, as the beast needs work, but MRO or E-Liberty may want to try...
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

10 am at the Catholic Church in Lakeport, parking lot around back. Ducati Tim & I are meeting Kawi Tom at Kit's Corner (Corner of 29 & 281) at 9:30 am. May have some other riders as well, possibly will hook up with Star Chapter 159 there. Would love to have some more XSs there.
        Shiny side up,
        650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

We'll be at Kit's Corner until around 9:45 am to meet up with Star #159 most of whom are riding up from Sonoma County.
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

Comment

Working...
          X