trike kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trike kits

any one looking for a trike kit for their bike should go to mtcvoyager.com they have trike kits that you can take off and on so you are not always stuck with a trike or a cycle.

Not a true trike

Other than two more wheels, and stability if you happen to be towing a trailer, what is to be gained by this kit? There doesn't seem to be any additional seating area gained, no additional luggage space gained. I just fail to see what is gained by this thing.
    "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Comment

trike kit

what is to be gained is the fact that a lot of riders are geting up in years and are not able to keep a bike upright and also being able to tow a trailer. this kit let's the older rider ride with some feeling of riding a bike and still not drop the bike because of weakness in legs. also it gives a sense of security to the passenger who otherwise would not ride a motorcycle because fear. that is the understanding i recieved from the virago rider i saw in little orleans at the east coast sturgis rally. thanks sundowner

Comment

Good answer

I can see that. I'll have to keep that in mind, I'm pushing 50, although I hope I keep my health and ability to ride on two. Thanks for the answer.

Comment

There is a fellow with a Heritage Springer in my neighborhood equipped with this system. I asked another friend if he'd seen the guy with the "training wheels" and he told me that he knew the man. Said the guy has physical problems and had dropped his Harley twice while parking it but didn't want to quit riding. I was on a poker run last year and 2 older guys dropped their Harley dressers while parking in a sloped lot. I've been seeing a lot of older riders around here with trike conversions, many with handicap license plates. If I ever get so I can't keep my bike up I think I'd install a sidecar instead of a trike conversion.
          Shiny side up,
          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

perhaps a lighter bike?

I mean whatever works for you. Ir you like that "trike" kit, use it. Nothing wrong with it, although it is not truly a trike since it has 4 wheels when you are done.

Comment

I know a guy who has those on 2 of his H-Ds, with is 3rd turned into a proper trike. Poor guy dumped a bike some years ago, went through some pretty serious post-traumatic stress disorder type stuff as a result, and can't bring himself to ride motorcycles anymore. He freezes up and panics, always feels himself dumping the bike again. But, he loves riding, so the Voyager kits and trikes are a perfet fit for him- rides probably 5-6 hours a day, just for the fun of it.
              Rule 1: Pillage, then burn.
              Rule 13: Do unto others
              www.schlockmercenary.com

Comment

Working...
              X