Fast from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast from the past

Did anyone ever see this page? They have rear sets and fork braces listed for the xs11's. http://www.fastfromthepast.com/catal...sult/?q=xs1100
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Those rear sets look pretty sweet! Has anyone called to confirm that those will fit an XS1100? The years seem a little off, but maybe they know something that I don't.
    2005 YZF-R1
    2002 XV1700 Warrior
    1981 XS1100H

Comment

OK. Tarozzi makes parts for the European and Oceana XS1100 Sport. The Sport fork brace fits the Special. That has been confirmed. I have not confirmed the rearsets for the Sport fit the Special. I suspect they interchange. I believe there was a 1982 XS1100 Sport, so the listing is likely correct.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

The Euro stock rear sets do indeed fit the US Specials, as I aquired two sets, one for my SF and the other for my sons SH, but you will also need the correct shift cover and shifter linkage and the euro brake pedal which is shorter to complete the package.

Here are pics:

With stock US shifter and Sport peg

Next two pics are the two different euro shifters I aquired and I'm not exactly sure but I believe the shorter chrome one is from the 2H9 euro Standard and the black longer one is from the euro Sport

Next two pics are the shorter euro rear brake pedal

This pic shows the difference in length of the US Special and the Euro Sport rear brake pedals

These are the euro parts needed to convert the US Special foot controls into a Euro Sport
        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Great info Schming...nothing like first hand experience..aleviates the conjecture...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
          X