Manual site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual site

I'm sure some of you have seen this, I didn't see a link for it, (might be blind)
    But I thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.biker.net/81_xs1100h_part...20content.html
    81 H

Too bad the link on that page is broken... If you need a manual, you can download one from the link in my signature.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Catatonic Bug - thanks for putting that link there. I found your website very helpful.
      80 LG

Comment

New manual posted!

Thanks to Crazy Steve, I have now posted a new OEM manual that includes extremely detailed information for ALL years of the XS1100. The cover specifically lists it as a manual for the '81 models (H. SH, LH) and it has supplements for all the other years. Its a B&W manual, so it is a bit smaller in size (35mb) than the '78 manual (185mb) or the Aftermarket '78-'81 (85mb) already on my site. It includes the details about the funny electrical things they did in later years, and will make troubleshooting much easier for the late-model owners. It also gives very detailed specs on valves and other engine components.

Enjoy!
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

Thank You BUG!!
          1979 XS110F, Stock
          1980 XS1100G, Mostly Stock, gifted to my son.
          2000 YZ 250, Sold
          2002 YZ125, Sold
          2009 Royal Star Venture
          '94 Pontiac Trans Am, 25th Anniversary, For Sale

Ernie

Comment

Geeze Bug I thought you got tired of us or died unexpectantly or something like that. Good to see you posting again. Glad to see you have a new and improved manual to have and hold. I will download it tonight. Lack of color is a bonus as most pictures did not work (out other than B/W with some pink), on my previous downloads. That was my fault due to the printer being low on ink.
            2-79 XS1100 SF
            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I have been trying to download a manual from bugs site for about a week and it doesn't work for me. It goes to like 136kb of 0kb and stops. I waited about 10 minutes and it didn't move. I have really fast upload and download speed so it should have worked. I downloaded these a long time ago and lost them when I redone my computer. Anyone know what could be wrong or another place to get it. I am getting ready to do fork seals and need guidance.
              Jeff
              77 XS750 2D completely stock
              79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

I did it last night and it worked fine. It did take some time to load.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

I just tried again and didn't work. It also will not go back to the download tab. Like when it opens another tab called ringler (the site), if I leave it there and come back here in another tab it wont go back to the ringler tab. It worked fine a while back ago, took a little bit but not long. I have the fastest gaming internet you can get here. somethings no working right. It is taking me a long time to post here too so maybe something is wrong with my computer. I hit post and it takes a long time for it to post.
                  Last edited by jjz28; 07-27-2013, 04:11 PM. Reason: added
                  Jeff

Comment

I just downloaded the new manual. Took about ten minutes to get it all but my old underpowered laptop in the garage is about 8 years old, so it did pretty good. Oh yeah I was also on the site reading the posts and other stuff while it downloaded.
                    2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

I still cant get it. It goes to like download page and doesn't do anything and then if I leave it, I cant go back. Also down on the bottom where it shows open windows it doesn't have anything on it. Also this site has been taking forever to do anything. it always says waiting on xs.11 and the manual site says waiting on ringler. I don't understand it because I have been TRYING to make it mess up on everyother site and it works instantly. Just on here and on cbugs website. Maybe I will try to go straight to his site. I don't know what could be wrong. Everytime I try it it says like 35.1kb of 0kb like it has 35.1 kb of nothing, like the file isn't there. Also I just deleted my history and the "new" manual just appeared for me. 10 minutes ago it was the old manual until I deleted my history. It seems like it will load as soon as it get there, the green bar starts to go real fast and then goes away and says the 35.1kb of 0.0kb. sometimes its different in the first number but always of 0.0kb like the file isn't there.
                      Last edited by jjz28; 07-27-2013, 08:45 PM.
                      Jeff

Comment

All I did was click on the link to Bugs site and then hit the new download button. It looked as if it was doing nothing for a bit. I left it thinking that maybe I was not able either. I went back and checked on it and the screen was still blank but the clock looking thing at the bottom right was showing as loading so I left it. Next time I checked it was showing a bit further progress so I went back to the forum again and read some more. Next thing I knew it was done and I could see it all. I then saved it to my puter and posted so you would know it was working for me. Good luck.
                        2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

still not working for me. I went to other sites to make sure it want a problem with downloading but everything else works fine. When it opens the ringler tab, where the download is, if I move over to the previous tab wich is the xs.11 site, it will not come back up to the download on the ringler tab. I click the tab and nothing happens, just stays on the xs.11 page. I don't know why I can download everywhere else but not there. I looked at the manual on another site but I am getting ready to do fork seals so I guess i'll be asking you guys a lot of tips to do it.
                          Last edited by jjz28; 07-28-2013, 06:56 AM. Reason: added
                          Jeff

Comment

Jjz- what browser are you using? My site is optimized for IE, but there really shouldn't be any issues for downloading any of the files posted, regardless of the browser. Yes, they are large, which is why I have to post them and can't email them to people. Always allow 10-20 minutes to download a manual, and make sure you have the most recent Adobe reader installed on your computer as the default .PDF reader.

If you had to delete your history to make the "new" link appear, there are settings in your browser that needs to changed. Each time you visit a site, it should automatically refresh the contents, not display the old version.
                            1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                              Geeze Bug I thought you got tired of us or died unexpectantly or something like that. Good to see you posting again. Glad to see you have a new and improved manual to have and hold. I will download it tonight. Lack of color is a bonus as most pictures did not work (out other than B/W with some pink), on my previous downloads. That was my fault due to the printer being low on ink.
                              No, I'm still alive. I've been dealing with some difficult personal stuff, and my job has taken all my extra attention. My bike has been running quite well, so I haven't had the need to seek advice lately either. We are looking at a high probability of relocating to Utah before next April (maybe before the end of the year), if I can figure out a way to get out from under my house. Unfortunately, that puts all bike-related projects on hold for a while as well.

That new manual has been sitting on my desk since the end of May, and I scanned each page myself, a section at a time, then combined the sections, adding blank pages so it can be printed in duplex (both sides of the page). It shouldn't have taken as long as it did, but at least it's done now. The details described in it really are very in-depth, and will be very helpful for electrical issues in the later models.
                              1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X