No announcement yet.

need oversized pistons(oem preferrably)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need oversized pistons(oem preferrably)

ok ...been trying my best to get into the xs riding here in NC ,bought one with 20.000 miles had the carbs done ,bought new forks(old ones were bent) new turn signals and guages...rode a few weeks but wasnt running as i expected....back in shop done some test rings were bad on number 3 especially...talked to machine shop about boring got nos ring set ,new chain tensioner,complete gasket set , boring .25(1 over) and now GUESS WHAT....xs fans....yamaha has discontinued the pistons and cannot get them,wiseco...can special order for 650.00 you pay upfront with 8 to 12 weeks delivery...anyone out there have any links or used oversized pistons please let the GUMP know before i turn grey and pull my hair out...thanks in advance
    windjammer gump
    bikes now own
    1981xs1100sh special
    1971 cb 350
    mini chopper project
    bikes use to own
    1978 750/four..
    1983kz1100 ltd

Originally posted by windjammergump View Post
    ok ...been trying my best to get into the xs riding here in NC ,bought one with 20.000 miles had the carbs done ,bought new forks(old ones were bent) new turn signals and guages...rode a few weeks but wasnt running as i expected....back in shop done some test rings were bad on number 3 especially...talked to machine shop about boring got nos ring set ,new chain tensioner,complete gasket set , boring .25(1 over) and now GUESS WHAT....xs fans....yamaha has discontinued the pistons and cannot get them,wiseco...can special order for 650.00 you pay upfront with 8 to 12 weeks delivery...anyone out there have any links or used oversized pistons please let the GUMP know before i turn grey and pull my hair out...thanks in advance
    Oversize pistons have not been available for like at least 10 years, maybe longer. Wiseco is the ONLY choice for oversize pistons, and their next run will be their LAST run, that is if they even do another (they probably will, cause they have said they will, but it will be the last run of XS11 pistons). Thing is you see, you can pick up a good running engine in good shape for as little as $100 in many cases, although I've seen them go for as much as $600, but you can find them for about $100. I got mine over 2 years ago, and I've put almost 20,000 miles on it now, still running strong. And I bought it as a pig in a poke, junk yard I bought it from didn't know why it was pulled, just knew everything looked ok (yeah, I lucked out).
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Why do you think you need to bore?
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

think i need to bore

seized rings scarred the walls and made 3 leak down 40 on a compression test
        windjammer gump
        bikes now own
        1981xs1100sh special
        1971 cb 350
        mini chopper project
        bikes use to own
        1978 750/four..
        1983kz1100 ltd

Comment

or replace the worn part instead

Why not toss the cylinders and buy a replacement off Ebay. Will cost less and parts are all available.
          Scott
          I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Working...
          X