Shorter shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorter shocks?

I've read a few threads about members looking for shorter shocks for their custom bobber, cafe racer, etc.
    If you look up www.davequinnmotorcycles.com , then click on the twin shocks category and scroll down, you will see a list of measurements and special orders they make.
    They don't sell online, but are a very reputable company that bought out Hagon Shocks (from what I was told). I don't know how expensive they might be. A friend bought a set for his 75 GL1100and was very pleased with the price and service.
    Hope it helps someone.
    79 XS1100F.
    SuperTrapp 4-1 w/center stand.
    TC's fuse box.
    SOFA filter.
    Venture cam chain adjuster.
    Tkat fork brace.
    Progressive fork springs.

Website says, "TWIN SHOCKS FROM $218.00 TO $386.00." I'm sure they make a nice product, but I won't put that much coin down on a set of bike shocks (or car shocks for that matter). I read of folks who buy rebel shocks for 30 bucks on ebay, but I've yet to see anything that cheap. From what I can tell, only the older 80s rebels (85?) had 10.5" shocks, the others I've seen (newer) are all 11.6" which is about what I have now.

Just have to keep my eyes open...
    Tony A. Bartolucci
    Present Ride: 1982 XS400LJ Custom
    Former Rides: 1981 XS1100LH
    1975 Kawasaki 100 2 Stroke Enduro
    1975 Honda 750F

Current Cool Cage: 1966 Chevy Impala 396

Comment

If your talking about shocks for a Honda Rebel, seems to me they would not be alot of use on a 600 lb bike. I think I could lift and throw one of those Rebels.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Just remember

When you use shorter shocks, your side and center stands must also be shortened. Also, the lever and pads on the center stand will tend to scrape more readily.

Comment

Working...
        X