mac exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac exhaust

been trying for several months to purchase a mac 4-2 exhaust system(004-0308)( turnout) for my 1979 yamaha xs 1100F. mac seems to have a manufacturing delay and keeps pushing back the availability date. has anyone had any luck finding this system available?

First set I bought back in '04 i got from Motorcycle warehouse. Latest set this year I got from Dennis Kirk.

Comment

Originally posted by cmpnbd2 View Post
      been trying for several months to purchase a mac 4-2 exhaust system(004-0308)( turnout) for my 1979 yamaha xs 1100F. mac seems to have a manufacturing delay and keeps pushing back the availability date. has anyone had any luck finding this system available?
      Try here

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/det...uct_id=04-0308

Comment

mac seems to have a manufacturing delay and keeps pushing back the availability date.
        They do this with classic car parts also, they wait for a certain amount of orders or interest to arise so that they can produce enough to make a profit. It has taken years for some Firebird parts to be reproduced.
        http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          First set I bought back in '04 i got from Motorcycle warehouse. Latest set this year I got from Dennis Kirk.
          Or here?

http://www.oldbikebarn.com/Yamaha-4-...category=74225

Comment

mac exhaust

dennis kirk cancelled the back order today saying that the exhaust with turnouts is no longer available. contacted bike barn and they are waiting for shipment also.maybe i could get the tapered set and put turnout mufflers to put on them? anyone know what size the pipe is on the headers?

Comment

www.nichecycle.com has them in stock.

Comment

dennis kirk cancelled the back order today saying that the exhaust with turnouts is no longer available. contacted bike barn and they are waiting for shipment also.maybe i could get the tapered set and put turnout mufflers to put on them? anyone know what size the pipe is on the headers?
                My Mac's are 2 1/4".

Comment

Try this,

MAC turn outs $333

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/det...uct_id=04-0308
                  '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                  Original except:
                  120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                  4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                  Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                  All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                  Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

My Bad

Been posted
                    '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
                    Original except:
                    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
                    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
                    Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
                    All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
                    Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

mac turnouts

I've got a set of turnout pipes that came off my 80 xs1100G. Don't know if they're Mac or not. They have some superficial pitting up front, which when I get to feeling more ambitious, I plan to rub out with neverdull and quikglo. I'll sell them cheap if this is of any use to you. I put a 4 into 1 supertrapp setup that I painted with VHT flat black - turned out beautiful. So I have no use for these anymore.
                      A fine running motor is a tune you just can't get out of your head.
                      first yamaha --1980 XS1100G

Comment

turnout mufflers

am interested in them. can you email me photos and let me know the price, maybe we can help each other out....thanks,,, email is cmpnbd2@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chinrest View Post
                          I've got a set of turnout pipes that came off my 80 xs1100G. Don't know if they're Mac or not. They have some superficial pitting up front, which when I get to feeling more ambitious, I plan to rub out with neverdull and quikglo. I'll sell them cheap if this is of any use to you. I put a 4 into 1 supertrapp setup that I painted with VHT flat black - turned out beautiful. So I have no use for these anymore.
                          just curious, were dd you get your supertrapp 4 into 1?

Comment

ebay

I've been looking for a set of these for a long time as well. Niche has been out of stock for a while and they didn't know when they would get more in. So I set up a saved search on ebay to email me when a set shows up there. Well last night I got the message and snapped up a set, a little pricier than Niche but you'll get them now as opposed to waiting for who knows how long.

ebay auction link

Cheers,

Trev
                            1983 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim (Current ride, K&N Pods, Dynojet Stage 3, Mac 4-2 Turnouts)
                            1982 Kawasaki KZ750 Twin (for sale)
                            1979 Yamaha XS400 (work in progress)
                            1981 Honda CB650 Custom (sold)
                            1984 Honda VT750 Shadow (sold)
                            1982 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim (First bike - sold)

Comment

Yea.....

I saw that set too. A little pricey but it's new!

Be ready for the head pipes to turn blue down to about 6" from the head.

Bought mine used from ebay for about $150, pre-blued.

Mine came with the super quiet taper tips though. I've got a set of turnouts on the way because the mufflers I made are a bit obnoxious.

Comment

Working...
                              X