Old Bike Barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Bike Barn

I don't post much here, but I think I've read just about every post on the site, even dig into the archives once in a while? I never hear much about The Old Bike Barn as far as a source for parts, but I've had no problems with stuff I've ordered there. They have distribution points in Canada and the U.S. FYI, they now have an online "Virtual Parts Finder" that links over 200 old bike salvage yards, all you do is submit 1 form if you know the part number/description. Of course I tried searching xs11 for references to "Old", "Bike" or "Barn" but due to the content in the posts I find way too many of these words. LOL. I did look into their forum once, Sorry. I'd like to know if anyone else has had any dealings with these guys, their prices seem OK, but then when I need something, I don't spend a lot of time shopping around. They're also having a 15% off father's day sale if you're a Facebook fan!
    http://www.oldbikebarn.com

Cheers,
    1981 XS1100 Special
    Saddlemen Seat
    MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Yep, I have tried this place a couple of times. I was not terribly excited about their prices or the amount of time it took them to ship my order. I guess that your experience with them has been better then mine. I usually use bike bandit or partsnmore. Better prices and fast delivery. Well, that my story and I am sticking to it.
    Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Owner of:
    1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
    140 mains
    45 pilot jets
    Floats at 24mm
    Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

rman,

Thanks, I'll definitely keep them in mind.
      1981 XS1100 Special
      Saddlemen Seat
      MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

I prefer PNM over Bike Bandit. BB prices seem WAY too high, compared to other places - at least for the things I have looked for anyway. I've not had any dealings with the Barn yet, so I really can't comment on them.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X