Hagon Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagon Shocks

I have been saving this info on my computer for a couple of years, maybe it will help somebody, FYI Hagon Shocks are made in UK, and do list the XS11:

Q-Can you tell me if you have a US distributor or how would I get your product in the US?
    Thank you.
    Fred Pelletier

A-Hagon shocks can be obtained from Dave Quinn Motorcycles, Tel 203 393 2651, fax 1725

Any problems and you can if you wish order direct from us with a credit card.

Best regards,
    Brian Willimont
    Hagon Products Ltd

Tel +44 0208 502 6222
    Fax +44 0208 502 6274

www.hagon-shocks.co.uk
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Re: Hagon Shocks

Gary "sixtysix" Granger wrote:
    I have been saving this info on my computer for a couple of years, maybe it will help somebody, FYI Hagon Shocks are made in UK, and do list the XS11:
    I guess I've been hanging on to this information for a couple of years, too!

WWW: Dave Quinn Motorcycles
    Phone: 203-393-2651
    FAX: 203-393-1725
    9 to 5 Eastern time
    M,T,Th,F and 9-12 on Sa.
    Email: dqmcs@earthlink.net

Dave Quinn Motorcycles is an American distributor for Hagon shocks. Here's the link directly to their Hagon page:

Dave Quinn Motorcycles' Hagon Shock Absorber page

Anyone else have some handy XSive links to share?

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

These look like nice shocks, but can you tell me what makes these better that the $69 shocks that www.partsnmore.com sells? I bought a pair of the cheap ones for my XS650 and they were much better that the original factory ones.
      Bill Murrin
      Nashville, TN
      1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
      1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
      2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
      2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
      1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
      2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Nashville Bill wrote:
        These look like nice shocks, but can you tell me what makes these better that the $69 shocks that www.partsnmore.com sells?
        No I can't... in fact, I don't know anything about 'em (or the Parts 'n More) ones. I know some folks have said that the $69 shocks at JC Whitney and/or Cycle-Re-Cycle II are too soft for large riders or two up riding.

In any case... with Koni out of the motorcycle shock absorber business, we have to keep track of those manufacturers and distributors who still support XS/XJ1100's. (And old Suzukis, too!)

Bill K.
        1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
        1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

are the partsnmore shocks any good for two riders,i changed one shock i got from yamaha,it cost around 200.00 for one.i never had enough money to change bothand the next time i went back the shocks were discontinued.now i have to change both with aftermarket shocks,because people on the back tend to end up sitting on the grab bar after hitting hard.

Comment

There are some new shock threads than this one do some searches for koni, ikon, progressive, as well as shock. Should turn some good info. I have seen the JC Whitney ones mounted on Ron Lymans bike years ago....still in the garage some where, but they are soft, IMHO, very soft.
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Ikon shocks

These are made about 8 blocks from where I live, anybody wanting more info can contact me at steink50@hotmail.com
              I will send a catalogue.

Comment

Nashville Bill wrote:

quote:
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                These look like nice shocks, but can you tell me what makes these better that the $69 shocks that www.partsnmore.com sells?
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't much experience with different types of shocks on my XSs but I bought a set of Hagons fron Dave Quinn last spring.

They were for a sidecar rig I was having problems with and Dave was very easy to work with. He recommended a one step heavier spring and offered to exchange the springs free if they ended up too soft or hard.

The shocks saw some pretty extreme use last summer and worked well. The only problem I had was misplacing the included spanner wrench and had to resort to vice grips for adjusting the preload.

I recall seeing posts somewhere that maligned Hagons, and I don't know if cheaper shocks would have worked as well, but I was happy with their performance as well as the customer service Dave provided.

Rob

Comment

Hagon part numbers

This is from an XS/XJ tip I wrote some time ago....

David Quinn
                  David Quinn Motorcycles
                  335 Litchfield Turnpike
                  Bethany, Connecticut 06524-3505

Phone: 203-393-2651
                  e-mail: dqmcs@compuserve.com
                  URL: http://davequinnmotorcycles.com

Price for a set of Hagon shocks plus shipping was around $200.00 in the fall of 2000. Part number 32009 fits most, if not all, XS and XJ models. If you are looking for a little longer shock, 13 inch instead of the original 12.5 inchers, specify a part number of 33009; the first 3 digits represent the length of the shock in mm. Options include black or chrome shock covers. Price includes springs.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Progressive shocks

On the way to BikeWeek in Daytona last Friday I hit a pothole and my rear air shocks gave out. Luckily Progressive had a booth at the first vendor show that I went to and they had a set of 412's in stock.
                    Still a bit pricy at $200 (installed), but they work fantastic and I had to ride almost 100 miles through a wind storm to get home. The bike had never handled that well, and I needed all of the help I cuold get to counteract the wind.
                    Walt
                    80 XS11s - "Landshark"
                    79 XS11s
                    03 Valkyrie
                    80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
                    78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
                    81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Working...
                    X