website for xs1100 parts- good prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website for xs1100 parts- good prices

Don't know if someone has already listed this website for everyone, but it looks to be a good xs11 parts source. They have some nice prices on tools also, so check it out. (Partsnmore.com) Have a whole section on xs11 parts, and nicely done, easy to use. They do not carry everything, but certainly have good prices on what they do have.
    Dennis

Nothing for the 1979 yet
    Motor cop

Comment

you may have been looking in the wrong spot but there are plenty of parts for 79's.

Comment

Well sent them a wish list: carb. rebuild kit - manifolds and vacume valve for fuel petcocks and got email back from tech. who said NOPE not yet.
        Motor cop

Comment

?????? Well got into the right area and they did have all the stuff I need. Tech. must not have know or just didn't want to look it up.
          Motor cop

Comment

I think this is the best place in the whole country for xs11 parts, if they don't have it they do the best to find it...Great prices too.

http://www.merriamcycle.com/html/begin.html

Comment

What a great site

Partsnmore.com has a lot of the new hard to find parts. The prices are GREAT too. I have a wish list started.
              "There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers."

Comment

I am an auto mechanic by trade and hear are a few of my opinions about thier tools.
                I have purchased a ball joint press, ball joint adaptor set,, fwd wheel bearing installer set recently and the qaulitly of these tools were that of OTC. And OTC and Miller make most OEM tools the dealers are supplied with. Not as pretty as Snap-On, but just as good in this case.
                I would not buy most of thier screwdrivers, pliers, sockets, rachets,wrenches, or most mechanic hand tools. Thier Large Wrenches(1" or 30mm or larger) are pretty good, and a value for the price. They are a great source for handyman tools, household tools, and shop supplies & eqipment.

My advise:
                Buy a set of Metric Flank drive wrenches, rachets, and a set of screwdrivers from Snap-On. For you sockets (6 point), extensions, Torx & Hex sockets buy Craftsman Tools. For pliers Channel Lock is the way to go. As far as Vice Grips, NEVER buy another brand locking plier because they are inferior to original Vice Grips. Ingersoll Rand is the Only way to go with you Important Air tools (Impact guns, air rachets). Buy yourself Cheap Die grinders. I have a 90 degree die grinder I paid $20.00 for 11 years ago. I have cleaned many, many gasket surface's with this tool and 3M Roloc's.
                Need a good Digitlal Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM), check out ebay and buy one made by ACTRON. You can get the Top of the line Acton meter new on ebay for $40.00. This is the Same meter Cornwell tools sells for $250.00. It will do everything a Fluke 78 will do & all the important functions of a fluke 88. I can check out the model number of mine if anyone is interested. i have a fluke 88 at work and the Actron at the house. I think the Actron is Every bit as good as the fluke.

I am gonna stop now before I go on a two page rant on Diagnostic Tools.
                Bill Woods
                1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

I don't buy Craftsman tools any more. Customer service at Sears is terrible and I hate going to the mall. S-K are better and the same price. Lowe's and Home Despot tools are moderatly OK. I have a drawer full of CHEAP air tools and for home use they are all I need. I pay $2.99 for a digital VOM and it's all I need to T/S my car or motorcycle. Often times, cheap tools are the best way to go.

I am a mechanic as well. I have a box full of "top shelf" tools. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to spend a fortune on tools that are seldom used.
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Same here. I'm a real mechanic also, and my everyday, frequent use tools are quality stuff. The things that I only use once in a while are of lesser quality as are the tools I play with at home. Craftsman is good enough for most tasks, and I live about 100 yards from the mall where Sears is. I have never had any problem getting anything warrantied.

Comment

Originally posted by John
                      Same here. I'm a real mechanic also, and my everyday, frequent use tools are quality stuff. The things that I only use once in a while are of lesser quality as are the tools I play with at home. Craftsman is good enough for most tasks, and I live about 100 yards from the mall where Sears is. I have never had any problem getting anything warrantied.
                      Have you tried the Craftsman premium line of hand tools? I bought a set of long box end wrenches from them a while back and they're impressive.

I turned wrenches on bikes for over 15 years and I know what it means to owe your soul to the SnapOn man.

Geezer
                      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

It's a lot easier to get service from the Snap-On or MAC man than some counter person at Sears in the mall. I gave up on Craftsman for crappy customer service. I hate the mall and those other guys come to me. Customer service is what it's all about!
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

CRAFTSMAN IS OUT IN MY BOOK

i've had several huge headaches with craftsman warrty issues and finally last spring solved my problems by taking a cart full of craftsman power tools, all put back in the origianal boxes (and my wife thought i was nuts to save those boxes!) with the receipts and returned every darn one of them. i'm not a mechanic, i'm a carpenter, but the warranty problems are the same. if your going to invest in good quality tools, do not invest in craftsman.

Comment

I have a hodge-podge of every brand.
                            I've never had a problem with warrantying Craftsman hand tools. Their power tool warranty is another story. If one goes bad (it had to be a gift) I toss it and buy a quality other brand (Makita, Dewalt, etc.).
                            Now that I no longer work in a shop if is inconvient to track down a Mac or Snap-on (not my favorite) truck.
                            The last hand tool I had to replace was a ½" ratchet (Craftsman) that was 25 years old.
                            Pat Kelly
                            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I've never had a problem with crftsman hand tools let alone their warentee. I used to twist wrenches but now only as a hobby. The only hand tools I use now are company issued made by Kline.
                              I do use the 2 for 79 cent 7/16" wrenches. I loose them all the time. and it's alot cheaper to replace.
                              S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                              1-big XS patch
                              1-small XS/XJ patch
                              1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                              1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                              2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                              1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                              1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X