X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Bill Bowman

William "Bill" Bowman
    ​1947-2023

Many of you old timer xs11 riders will remember Bill. Hell of a Guy. Met him during the Eureka Springs Arkansas XS11 rally many years ago. See the following.

Clever. Thoughtful. Generous.

These are among words used to describe Bill Bowman. It is with deep sadness we share the news of Bill’s unexpected passing on March 6th, 2023 while on vacation in Stuart, FL. Under the utmost care from ICU staff at Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital, Bill fought a weeklong battle with sepsis. He was surrounded by music, love, and gratitude from family and friends as he made his transition from our world to the next.

While not terminal, Bill lived with a neurological condition called
    Myasthenia Gravis (MG) for the last nine years of his life. MG impacted his overall mobility, strength, and daily life. If you feel compelled to donate to a charity in Bill's honor, we ask that you consider donating to the Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America (myasthenia.org) or CLICK HERE.

Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
    03 Honda ST1300 ABS

My heart hurts when I read things like this. RIP Bill -not in pain anymore.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

I am sorry to hear about Bill's passing. I rode with him a few times and he was a first-rate person.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

We're getting older than our bikes.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
        X