Fuzzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzzy

I inherited the 1980 XS 1100 SG From a man I never even met. But when I uncrated the basket case and saw the apparent attention to detail....Love even that he had put in this particular machine. MAN....Larren Lavell Beard A.K.A. Fuzzy 6-17-73 to 1-22-16 for whatever reason he did.....You could see how much he loved this old Yamaha.....The jugs and heads were already reworked with new pistons . All it needed was a set of gaskets and rings. A new battery....some oil , brake fluid and spark plugs. See the man who was building the machine I have named Letty died of Peritonitis. But seeing the obvious devotion and attention and pride he put in this build have inspired me. I will finish the game and when I come to the end of this build I will enjoy the wind in my hair and take a long ride just for Fuzzy.....
    80 SG

Welcome to the board Phillip. Let me know if I can help if you don't mind working with an Okie.

I know these bikes pretty well.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks I dont mind one bit.. at least my mom says I don't.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate any assistance you may provide. I have not ridden in years and look forward to finishing this bike. I am going to have to get a bonded title on it. But the lady who was his old lady gave me the bike so no issues with that. I have a buddy who is gonna help time the cams and timing chain and get it all assembled. Only question I have at the moment is . I can only find parts for the thing on ebay is that the only alternative for parts?
      80 SG

Comment

Wonderful back story. Thanks for posting.

1st off:
        WELCOME

Parts:
        www.yamahapartshouse.com (what i use)
        www.partzilla.com
        mikesxs.net

There are many others depending on what part you are needing.
        Like z1enterprises.com or the (i forget) stainless steel replacement brake piston folks in Missouri.

Good luck with the assembly and hope to see you on the road some time or meet you at a Rally.
        Now you are the keeper of this classic machine that Fuzzy started.

Jeff
        Last edited by JeffH; 04-01-2017, 09:46 AM.
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Larren "Fuzzy".
          We will keep him and his family in our prayers.

when you have questions, need info or start working on your bike begin a NEW POST in the XS11/XJ11 Discussion section. These machines are old, so its better to ask first and get some input than to break something then start looking for the Un-obtainium Parts you broke or bent.

btw: Greg knows more that a little about these bikes.
          He's one of the guru's that can field strip and reassemble an XS11 blindfolded. then do a 3,000 mile Test Ride

RIP Fuzzy

Jeff
          Last edited by JeffH; 04-01-2017, 10:01 AM.
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

thanks very much

I appreciate you all. I bookmarked the pages and thanks . Cool thing though I only really need gaskets and rings for the new pistons . And last night I met a guy who is taking some pity on me and helping. I mean I am a "mechanic" or should I say good parts changer on cars / trucks. But I am thankful for any input now I have to find a damn torque wrench lol.......Thanks again for the advice and open armed welcome. Oh can I post pics of the build?
            80 SG

Comment

Originally posted by PhillipGIJ View Post
              I appreciate you all. I bookmarked the pages and thanks . Cool thing though I only really need gaskets and rings for the new pistons . And last night I met a guy who is taking some pity on me and helping. I mean I am a "mechanic" or should I say good parts changer on cars / trucks. But I am thankful for any input now I have to find a damn torque wrench lol.......Thanks again for the advice and open armed welcome. Oh can I post pics of the build?
              Post em'.......we ALL like pics!
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Parts

Welcome PhillipGIJ !
                I did not see anyone mention andreashweiss if parts come up on your list he collects XS/XJ 11s just to keep us going.

If you put your pic in photobucket then check the links to the right on the page to use the correct link to show your pic to the list.
                Love to see !
                76 XS650 C ROADSTER
                80 XS650 G Special II
                https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
                80 XS 1100 SG
                81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
                https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
                AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Working...
                X