CarolynS rides on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarolynS rides on

If she hasn't already, Carolyn Seaverns is very close to leaving us. Last Ben (madmaxim) and I checked she was reported to be non-responsive and expected to pass any time.

Although she hasn't posted here in a long time, some of you also knew her personally so I thought I'd let everyone know.

Carolyn has been battling Metastatic Breast Cancer for 3+ years. By the nature of it, it metastases to other areas of the body, in her case the bones which kept her home-bound for most of the time except when she was out trying the latest / boldest / most radical treatment available. Because of the fight in her, she outlived any of her doctors' expectations.

Besides being a good friend, Carolyn was a billiards champion, a horse trainer, an excellent XS restorer, and mother to two cats Army and Hazel, two chihuahuas, and a half dozen laying hens.

Final arrangements are unknown and because of the lack of communication with her immediate family, may never be known.

Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Randy,

Thanks for letting us know about her. I've chatted a few times with her here in years past, and really enjoyed our chats. She was one of the XSives here I always hoped I get a chance to meet.

Guess the last time we chatted here in PM was around 18-24 months ago.
    She told me then how bad the prognosis was, but she also told me about the radical, experimental treatments, and she was doing her best to stay positive.

I told her how much I'd enjoyed reading her posts in the past, and how the club could use more folks like her.

So sorry to hear this. I will surely miss her posts, and will always regret not getting to meet her in person and ride with her. My loss.

Bob
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. She did outlive expectations but it is still a hard way to go. Quite the personality; I enjoyed the few talks I had with her!

If you hear any other news (final arrangements, or such) please add it to this thread.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Very, very sad news ...

Jerry,

I remember you posting her reply to a note you had sent her ... that was nearly 2 years ago.

What an amazing attitude she had, keeping everything in perspective, and maintaining such a positive outlook.

Pretty incredible, considering what she was facing.

Combined with what is being said here ... it sounds like she was the kind of person you would want as a good friend.

My prayers go out to all her family and friends.
        Marco

Current bikes:
        1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
        1979 Honda CBX
        2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
        WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

I knew Carolyn too, I am running her extra 79 motor now in my 79F Standard. Sorry she had to suffer.

2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I just got word that Carolyn has passed away...She held on longer than most people expected and she was a fighter to the end. I met her in 2008 at a RTE in Mystic CT...She was a beautiful woman...My heart is heavy...Prayers to all her loved ones as well...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thank you, Ben, for letting us all know ...

Maybe someone here knows how to contact her family to express our condolences.

My continued prayers for her family and friends.
              Marco

Current bikes:
              1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
              1979 Honda CBX
              2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
              WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

I'm so sorry for the loss. We weren't close but I did admire her spunk.
                My sympathies to those who were close to her.
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, Ben.

Really sad to hear the news.

She will be missed.

Bob

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Her Obiituary

http://www.cartmelldavis.com/obituar...#obit-memories
                    Last edited by madmax-im; 06-02-2016, 05:05 PM.
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

She was 7 years younger than me, and died on my birthday.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

madmax-im: Thanks for posting the obituary link. I am 17 years older (born in '52) and this is a reminder of just how limited our time is. While there is need to plan for the future those plans should include keeping close to family and friends while doing things you love to do.
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up Ben. Diane Dockery told me about her visit with Carolyn, how she knew we were asking for her.. that was comforting for her. She also posted this photo of Carolyn at her happiest, as a limo driver:

Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

I never met her, but am saddened by her passing as I enjoyed her posts and point of view.

I hope she did not suffer at the end.

John
                            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

she has moved to the state of our future... she has not left but simply rearranged herself to be seen in view's we don't naturally see with earthly eye's...

Godspeed Sister... rev XS11 on...
                              79_xs1100special

Comment

Working...
                              X