Greg "GT" Turner (XS Southeast)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg "GT" Turner (XS Southeast)

Long time attendees of the Southeast rally and many others who have been touched by the kindness and hospitality of Greg "GT" Turner. Will be saddened by the news of his passing this afternoon.

GT is front and center

Please take a moment and pray for his family, or meditate on his life.
    GT and Britt made the Two Wheels Only motorcycle campground and lodge not only a place to camp, but, a motorcycle haven, a destination, and one of the best places to eat in North Georgia.
    Godspeed GT. You will be fondly remembered, and sorely missed.
    Last edited by jetmechmarty; 08-18-2014, 06:52 PM.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Here's one of Brit showing how they took care of their customers.

That's GT wearing horns, with Brit.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Sorry to hear of GT's passing. I count myself fortunate to have met him and enjoyed staying at TWO.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Sorry I never got to meet GT and I regret that. I rode passed Two Wheels a couple times, but didn’t stop in. Prayers going up for family and friends of GT

The Other Earl
        80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
        and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

Great friend of the motorcycle community, will miss you GT. RIP.
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

RIP G T...some info on the funeral...

Oddometer: 4,795
            GT's passing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what was posted on TWO Friend's FB page on 8/18/14

Quote:
            Rest in Peace, Greg Turner~TWO
            I just got word from Mimi White that our old friend, GT passed earlier today.
            My condolences to GT's family and especially Brit.
            Many of you may remember the "rustic" nature of TWO during Frank Cheek's tenure and certainly there are hundreds of riders forever grateful for Frank's vision.

However, there are many more riders who will always be appreciative of the charming upgrades instituted by Brit and GT. TWO blossomed, literally, under their stewardship. With their guidance, and the efforts of a small group of energetic employees, TWO became not only a place for riders to visit, but it was a place where you were made to feel welcome. There was always a smiling face, cold water, iced tea and sweets for the weary rider to replenish their sagging energy. And for those lucky enough to visit on Friday and Saturday nights, the promise of a well-crafted evening meal was there for those willing to wait. TWO at that time, was a haven for two-wheeled brothers and sisters and the mood there was always one of easy, good times. Not before Brit and GT owned the business, nor since they walked away from TWO has that resort been such a polished expression of genuine hospitality.

Let us all take a moment to remember GT Turner as a man that, for ever how briefly, lived a dream and in turn gave us a one to be cherished forever.
            ~peace to GT and all those that mourn his passing

Quote:
            From GT’s family

Dear Friends of GT, We are greatly saddened by the loss of GT this past Monday. He was a good kind man and he will be greatly missed by all of his family and friends. On Saturday, Aug 23 at 2pm, a memorial service for GT is being held at Banister Funeral Home, 2068 Hwy 19, North Dahlonega, Georgia. We look forward to meeting any of our brothers friends who will be able to attend. We would appreciate any support to get the word out about GT’s service on Saturday. We’d like to make sure everyone is aware. Something will be posted on the Banister Funeral Home site shortly as well. If you would like to speak at the memorial service, we would welcome your stories and memories.

Comment

The scene outside funeral home today. GT had a good sendoff. Lots of folks got up to share. We all sang the Motorcycle Song along with Arlo Guthrie before our departure. GT had a full life and a lot of friends.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Working...
              X