Chris Rawson, New Hampshire, now riding across the clouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Rawson, New Hampshire, now riding across the clouds

Wayne, please pass on the everyone of the East Coast XS1100 association, that Chris Rawson, has taken his last ride here on earth and is now riding the endless highways in the clouds.

After a long battle with pancreatic cancer, he closed his eyes one last time about 11:30 am on Monday February 24 (yesterday)

Chris leaves behind two children, and his parents, all of whom live in England, Chris' childhood home. Also his long time companion, girlfriend and wife, Susann Ranlett-Rawson

Many will remember Chris as a lifetime Yamaha racer, mechanic, builder and always with his next riding adventure in mind. In fact, just a few weeks after being diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer, Chris insisted on signing on as the "monkey" on a sidecar racing team...and also continued his racing in a classic bike circuit throughout New England and some times New York.

I ask that his passing be passed to everyone on the XS forums....as many knew him well.

At this time final arrangements have not been announced, but it is believed he had asked for very private, family and invited guests services....

Anyone wishing to send condolences or photos they might have of Chris, please forward them through me and I will see to it that his widow Susann gets every one.

Chris, I miss you already, your smiles,your laughter and practical jokes, but more than anything, your integrity and friendship....Ride in peace and warm skies forever, my friend..

johncirish
    "UFO-79XS1100 SF"
    johncirish@yahoo.com
    603-300-6710 (USA Cell phone)
    1982 XJ650 Maxim "Missing Link"
    1984 XJ550 Maxim Karen's Kid
    John C Irish
    1979XS1100 SF-"UFO"
    1980 XT250 "Jame Bond"

So sad for your loss. Chris sounded like he was a good friend to you. I remember dealing with Chris for my braided steel brake lines.
    Please pass my condolences on to his family.

God Speed Chris.

Thanks John,
    Wayne
    80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
    Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

John,

Chris sounds like the kind of man we would all like to have had as a friend ...

My sincerest condolences to you, and to his widow and the rest of his family.

He is still with you in the wonderful memories you have of him.
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Chris has been to my house a few times we have ridden together and played guitar had meals together both here and in New Hampster we have emailed and talked on the phone each often discussing our music health and the state of the universe we have been trying to get together for the last couple of years but either his health or mine prevented us . Our discussions around our health issues were always positive we were both determined to beat this stuff and ride together again and borrow my bro-in-laws sailboat in Laconia and spend a few days sailing I am very sad about this he was a good friend I will miss him a lot
        Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
        Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
        and SOXS
        2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

I did not have the good fortune to know Chris, but my condolences to those who did, and to his wife and family. Cancer sux, have the comfort that he is no longer suffering and is at peace.God bless.

John
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Chris Rawson Service

John Irish has asked me to post this for him,

Memorial Services for XS/XJ Owners Association member Chris Rawson, will be held on :

April 12, at 11:00am
            Lambert's Funeral Home
            Manchester, NH.

All are welcome to attend....

Many of you may remember Chris as that small English guy who built his own frames, and raced XS bikes for years both in England and USA.

Chris lost his 5 year battle with pancreatic cancer on
            Feb 12, 2014, and leaves behind his wife Susann, of Manchester, NH, and two children who still live in Chris's native home of England..
            80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
            Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

condolences

John,
              Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend., Thanks for bringing info to us here. Hope your grief eases up. Better days ahead.
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

One of the reasons I am trying to make it to eastern XS rallies (Ohio in 2012 and Brockville this year is to meet some of the people who post on this site. I didn't know Chris but exchanged a few e-mails over the years. Damm. Hate to lose anyone who shares a love of bikes, particularly our Yamahas. Condolences to family and friends.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                X