Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother

My mom passed away 8-25-13. I haven't been on here but once since. Everytime I come to this site it reminds me of what I did everyday when mom was here. I had a routine of getting on here and calling her every morning. I am thankful that me and my mom were best friends and I was with her when she died. I went to her house one day and could tell something was wrong and asked her if she would go to the doctor and she said no but if she still didn't feel good the next day she would go. The next morning her boyfriend called an ambulance and she got really bad on the ride to the hospital and was flown to Roanoke where she died 4 days later of septic shock. I couldn't believe it. She was having problems with bile duct stones and had acted the way she did the night before a few times before that. They got one stone out and put in a stent and she went back a few more times and they could never get them out. So, the doctor took the stent out on Monday and she was in intensive care on Friday. They told us at Roanoke that the doctor should never have taken the stent out. It pisses me off so bad that a doctor can just kill someone. There is a lot more to the story but I don't want to bore anyone and take up a whole page. I thought I would have at least 20 more years to be with her, she was only 61. She was my best friend and my rock. I told her everything and now I don't have that. I do know, you must show everyone love now cause they may not be there tomorrow. No matter how healthy someone is, they could be gone before you get the chance to show them your love.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

So sorry to hear of your loss! I dread the day I no longer have my parents around.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Mom

My heart goes out to you.
      Last Sept. 12 my mom was walking across the road In Ft Collins Co.
      And was killed by a lowlife with a b.a.c. twice the legal limit.
      Of course the lousy bastard has plead not guilty.
      They keep postponing the case.
      Even though she was 80 yrs. she enjoyed riding on the back of my xj.
      I took the back pegs off that bike. no one else will ever sit back there.
      Stay Strong my friend.
      Joe
      78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Jeff,
        Sorry to hear about your loss. Hurts even worse when you are close with your mom like you were. It sure knocks the wind out of your sails in a big way and leaves a big void inside. When my mom died (from breast cancer) I was messed up for a long time. I didn't expect that reaction at all, but it happened. Leaves a sadness and big hole in your life. The circumstances about your moms medical care and the unexpected series of events are devastating. My condolences to you and the family.

Jeff
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E
        78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
        '99 Triumph Sprint ST
        '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

So sorry ! Lost my last surviving parent, my dad 2 months ago. Remember the time you had and the time she had ! No one knows how long we have ourselves or with those we love.
          76 XS650 C ROADSTER
          80 XS650 G Special II
          https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
          80 XS 1100 SG
          81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
          https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
          AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Condolences for your loss. I lost my mum last November and posted here about it. The kind and supportive responses I received were a real support and I hope you gain some comfort from knowing that people, however far away geographically, actually care about each other. Keep your chin up; things do get easier but one never forgets and I still feel like my mum is with me. I'm sure yours will be watching over you. God bless her and sorry to hear of your loss.
            XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Hi Jeff,
              Condolences for your loss. Thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I can only offer my condolences to you on your loss. Mothers are always special to all of us and losing one will be my cross to bear soon enough. I can only imagine your grief. Sorry for your loss.
                2-79 XS1100 SF
                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Soo sorry for your loss. I lost my father early and it was also due to medical ineptness. His was misdiagnosed Stomach cancer, they considered it an ulcer for about 6-8 months. By then it was spread throughout and in the bones died two months shy of 65, when he planned to retire.

The truth of it is, you will always miss that source of knowledge wisdom and complete understanding with little judgment. But in time, you will find your way, that empty feeling will be replaced with the great memories and you will know what she would have said and suggested you do. But only time will take you past the pain, hurt, and sadness of today.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

So sorry for your loss, my mom died in 1996, and a day doesn't go by without me missing her. The one thing you'll always have is fond memories.
                    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

thanks everyone for the kind words. It does leave a big empty spot. I really wish it would not have happened the way it did. I feel she was robbed of a lot of years and had no idea what was about to happen. Its changed me a lot and I hope its in a good way. Thanks a lot guys.
                      Jeff
                      77 XS750 2D completely stock
                      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Jeff,

I hope you can join us this weekend. It will do you good! We can't fill the void, but we can make you unaware of it for a few days.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

condolences

Sorry to hear of such a loss, especially someone so close to you. Sympathy and well wishes as you work through your grief.
                          It is a great big beautiful world out there
                          Brent in GA
                          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
                          X