MIke Cummings gone but not forgotten.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIke Cummings gone but not forgotten.

MIke Cummings lost the battle. I met him one weekend in WV in 2004, nice guy with a tight Venture Royale. Made me want and get one.

Here he is, talking about the first day's ride

With Huron52 - "Try on the new FJR" sez Tom. "Nah, keep it" sez Mike.

In the group photo, he is on the right

During one of the rides that weekend, it started to rain, then quit, but everyone went back to the lodge early. Mike and I went on, he spotted a great looking road - well, it looked good on the map...

He had a funny perspective on life and riding.

Prayers and condolences for him and family.
    Last edited by MartyA; 09-26-2012, 08:56 PM.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Thanks for sharing.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

rest in peace Mike

Comment

That was my first XS East. That was the only time I met Mike face to face. I remember his tee shirt said, "That's Mr. A$$HOLE to YOU!" I enjoyed his company. I'm sure he'll be sorely missed by those who knew him best. RIP Mike.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Mike was a good guy. He always impressed me with the number of miles he could put on with out ever hitting an interstate. I stayed with him and Indy Rick (and Ron Lyman) in Colorado. That trip was awesome....I will post up a photo or two when I get back home. RIP buddy....
          Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Quote:

"A motorcycle can’t sing on the streets of a city." Unknown

Comment

Rip

Sympathy to all who knew & miss Mike.
            He did make many favorable impressions, leaving good memories in this riding community.
            It is a great big beautiful world out there
            Brent in GA
            Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Mike Cummings

My condolences to Mike's family,
              I met Mike at my first rally in Alexandria Bay, NY in 2002. Unfortunately, I never got to met him again. Then the following year the rally was in Wellsboro, PA. Mike didn't make it to that rally, but there was a hardware store in Wellsboro called Mike Cummings Hardware. At least he was there in name anyways.
              Rest in peace Mike. I am glad to have met you face to face. Although it was only the once, I will never forget you.

Wayne
              80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
              Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Here's a good one of Mike in CO......

Here is one in Alex Bay, NY

Gary Granger
                Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Kathy and I will miss him...
                  Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.
                  03 Honda ST1300 ABS

Comment

Wow It is a hit and a miss how much I read different parts of this forum anymore.
                    Mike's passing is a shock. I don't remember meeting him in Alexandria Bay, but I do remember him very well from Cario. Quite a character!

Rest in Peace Mike!
                    Tom
                    2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                    gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

I thought if anyone could beat it, it would be Mike. He was that kinda guy. Met him a couple times first at A-bay. I can still remember his posts on the "old" list.

Comment

just saw this .... so sad.

met Mike a few times over the years ... always full of life ... sad to hear.

once told me my 4-into-1 muflers sounded great 1

RIP my old friend.

Comment

Mike stayed with us for a few days many years ago when he was still riding his XS11 and I had my Midnight. We changed his fork oil and did some riding and then he rode south from Seattle through Cali and then headed east from there. I'll see ya again on the other side Mike!

Comment

Sorry to hear

I did meet him at XSEast 2002.....just noticed his passing, sorry to hear...See yah in the wind Mike.
                            Bruce
                            Bruce Doucette
                            Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
                            X