No announcement yet.

Cy Welch known and loved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed a few days, had not thought the accident was that bad. Cy will be missed by all of us, but particularly by his family and close friends.

I've been on this list since '99, and hate to add another loss to the list of friends I have made here over the years. I will miss his posts here.

My thoughts to all of his family and friends.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I'm flabbergasted. I listen to a Sac radio station and remember hearing about a motorcycle accident out there and hoped it was not serious and not someone I knew.
      Guess I hoped wrong.

I haven't been around much and missed all the posts about this up until now.

God must have need of some good people. A bunch I know have been taken this past month. What a terrible waste.

If anyone here is in contact with the family please give the family our condolences.

Rodger & Debbie Allen
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Sorry to hear of Cy's passing. Prayers are going up for his family and friends.

Earl
        80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
        and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

I had not been on the forum for a few days. I was reading about the rider down and thought it was not so bad for Cy. Just a couple of broken ribs I thought, he will mend nicely. Then I got to the last post that directed me here.
          It is always painful to hear that a rider we knew from the forum or any other way has passed. We must always remember that each time we ride we are vulnerable. Unfortunetly it was Cy's time to meet the Lord.
          I offer my condolences to his family and friends. I never met him myself but have had good memories of him from the forum.
          Ride free and ride hard in Heaven Cy and know we all cared!
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I to saw the post about the accident. I thought I would have time to try and make it up to Sac. and see him while he was recovering. I've met him face to face once, when he needed a small part I had. He will be missed, by all of us, but mostly by his family.
            My thoughts go out to his wife and children.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

The rest of you have said it all very eloquently, so not much more to add. I wish his family the very best.
              2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
              2007 Kawasaki KLR650A
              1979 Yamaha XS1100SF
              1971 Kawasaki F6 125

Comment

I didn't know him but its always sad to hear. Weve had a few deaths over the last month or so here in town.

I hope I'm not out of line asking but how did it go from some broken ribs and shoulder to death?
                Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

I don't know any specific details because I just don't want to ask Kathy when she's struggling to deal with it.

But having taken care of many trauma cases in my career, I can tell you that a week out is a dangerous time post ICU. Patients have been immobile while in the unit and can develop deep vein clots that can become a Pulmonary Embolus if it breaks free when they get to a regular floor and begin walking.

I don't know that is what happened with Cy, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts based on what I know that whatever it was happened very, very quickly and he likely didn't have time to suffer which is the only thing that seems merciful in all of this.

John
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by Tat2demon View Post
                    I hope I'm not out of line asking but how did it go from some broken ribs and shoulder to death?
                    Not to detract from the purpose of the thread, but, the real tricky part was the piece that I glazed over at first "internal injuries". Those are the tricky bits that can develop into something much worse real quick and with no way to see it coming.

He is resting peacfully now though.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

I felt Cy's wife Kathy was too busy with arrangements so I asked his daughter Melanie and she just got back to me - cards and condolences may be sent to:

(Cyrus Welch Jr.)
                      Price Funeral Chapel
                      6335 Sunrise Boulevard Citrus Heights, CA 95610
                      (916) 725-2109

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

John,

Will there be a service in Glk Grove?

Everything on hold...

Comment

I don't know.

John

Comment

Here is what I found out...

The Price Funeral Chapel (address above) will host a visitation on Monday Sep 24th from 4-8pm.

Services will be Tuesday the 25th at 10am at:
                            Natoma Second Ward LDS Chapel
                            751 Rio Tierra
                            Sacramento

John

Comment

Thanks John.

Everything on hold...

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                                I don't know any specific details because I just don't want to ask Kathy when she's struggling to deal with it.

But having taken care of many trauma cases in my career, I can tell you that a week out is a dangerous time post ICU. Patients have been immobile while in the unit and can develop deep vein clots that can become a Pulmonary Embolus if it breaks free when they get to a regular floor and begin walking.

I don't know that is what happened with Cy, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts based on what I know that whatever it was happened very, very quickly and he likely didn't have time to suffer which is the only thing that seems merciful in all of this.

John
                                Over on the ST-Owners forum there was a well loved and respected gentleman that had a collision with a deer which resulted in a total wreck of his bike...he survived and was in the hospital when he had a blood clot and died...no one expected that to happen and it was a terrible shock. There isnt much that we can do nor much we can be consoled except to say that he and CY both died doing what they loved and thats a whole lot better than being bedridden in a hospital for months or yrs....Since 2007 my rear footpegs have been down honoring those I have lost...dont think they'll ever go back up...
                                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X