Lost a good friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a good friend

Lost a good friend to a motorcycle accident down in Florida earlier this week. It appears the driver of the SUV pulled in front of him. The part of the article that makes me mad is they quote a "preliminary report" that the motorcyclist was speeding at twice the limit. I just cant believe they would publish such hearsay when reporting the death of an individual, how disrespectful!

He was truly one of those guys that from the second you met him you know you made a good friend. He was an avid Mopar guy and was well known for his kindness and generosity. RIP Phill.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/phillip.grover

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/tr...e-2381070.html
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's hard to accept the loss of anyone but when it's someone so young, it seems even more tragic.

Sending prayers and positives to his friends and family.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Senseless loss

Why dont people recognize motorcycles? I worry that hiviz vests and flashing headlights are not enough someday.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I will remember both of you in my prayers..

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Sorry about your friend Wade. I know the area where he wrecked and it is conjested over there with bars/resturaunts and many pedestrians, dangerous even at 25 mph.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Very sorry to hear you lost a good friend. It is hard to see someone your own age go. And even harder when they are taken by such a pointless accident. Who did what no longer matters, nothing will bring the man back.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Sorry about your loss Wade,somebody pulls in front of him and the motorcyclist is at fault? Figures. Some give all of us a bad name,doesn't seem fair.Ride safe. John
            FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
            1999 Vulcan classic-sold
            1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Thanks for all the support. I rode down last weekend to attend his memorial... there were a lot of nice cars and even nicer people. Here is a picture of me next to his '69 Cuda...

A '63 Duster 340...

And a burnout for good measure.

http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/t...-01-55_927.mp4
              Last edited by WMarshy; 06-18-2012, 10:33 PM.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Wade. It seems to be happening more often here as well. People just don't pay attention to bikes or anything other than their cell phones I guess.
                1979XS1100SF
                K&N's and drilled airbox
                Jardine 4in1
                Dunlop Elite 3's
                JBM slide diaphragms
                142.5 main jets
                45 pilot jets
                T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                750/850 FD mod.
                XV 920 Needle Mod.
                Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
                Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Thanks Tim, it really can happen to anyone. He was no stranger to bikes, he even use to teach the motorcycle safety course too...
                  '79 XS11 F
                  Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                  Stock, no title.

Comment

Condolences

Sorry for your loss. Sad tough news...
                    It is a great big beautiful world out there
                    Brent in GA
                    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

sometimes flashing headlights and horns and all dont get the attention of a car or truck. I am sorry for your loss WMarshy. I know I am attending a rally in hopes to raise enough money for a family that the father was hit by a vehicle that blew a stop sign and tboned him. Put him in a coma and still is in it. We are hoping to raise enough money to at least help with the medical cost since the person that hit him doesnt have insurance. Truly sad to hear another motorcyclist fallen.

They will never be forgotten but instead remembered and honored with every ride that we all do.
                      79 SF

Wow, did I just give advice? should I be doing that?

1983 GL1100 bored to a 1300 sold
                      1976cb750 project gifted to brother
                      1979 xs1100s currently working on

Wanting to have that head turner that makes people shut up!

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Although not a "motorcyclist", my buddy on a motorized bicycle was ran off the road and hurt severely last week. He had lights and a hi-viz vest on as well. Caged drivers just are not aware and have no respect for us.
                        1979 XS1100F
                        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

If someone doesn't have insurance, they should put them in jail and take EVERYTHING they own. Sorry for your loss Wmarshy, a lot of things have been going on here that make me want to spend a lot more time with my loved ones.
                          Jeff
                          77 XS750 2D completely stock
                          79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

so sorry for your lost...

So sorry for your lost it is very hard losing a good friend.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Especially when it was due to the very common cause of accidents...a car driver pulling out. A lesson to us all but an unpleasant one. Please pass on my condolences to his family, will you?
                              XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
                              X