to ron limbaugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to ron limbaugh

last week a fellow rider I consitered a friend left the parking lot at work rolled not even a mile and a young girl talking on a cell phone turned right into him
    parking her car on top of his bike sending ron 40+ feet down the road , he lived a short while comunicateing with ems but dies at the ER sometime later.

I HOPE ALL WHO READ THIS POST !!! WILL FOLLOW AN EXAMPLE i AM TRYING TO MAKE AND TURN YOUR CELL OFF WHEN YOU DRIVE!! URGE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO DO THE SAME !!!!!

TOGETHER WE CAN STOP TRAGITIES LIKE THIS !!!

MAY GOD BE WITH RON HIS FAMILY ,THE YOUNG GIRL WHO CAUSED THIS MESS AND ALL FELLOW RIDER !!

KEN

Originally posted by 1fasttrucker View Post
    last week a fellow rider I consitered a friend left the parking lot at work rolled not even a mile and a young girl talking on a cell phone turned right into him
    parking her car on top of his bike sending ron 40+ feet down the road , he lived a short while comunicateing with ems but dies at the ER sometime later.

I HOPE ALL WHO READ THIS POST !!! WILL FOLLOW AN EXAMPLE i AM TRYING TO MAKE AND TURN YOUR CELL OFF WHEN YOU DRIVE!! URGE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO DO THE SAME !!!!!

MAY GOD BE WITH RON HIS FAMILY ,THE YOUNG GIRL WHO CAUSED THIS MESS AND ALL FELLOW RIDER !!

KEN
    I am very sorry to hear about this, and prayers go out to his family!

I really hope that something starts to happen to people who cause these types of accidents. It very easily could be charged as manslaughter.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss and that of his family and other friends.
      Our prayers will be with all of you.

You including the girl who caused the accident speaks volumes for you.

Ride safe
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

enough

KEN
        Ken,
        sorry this tragedy hit so close to you.

The focused attention, vehicle operator responsibility, "hang up & DRIVE" concept is gaining ground even among some teenage girls. Example; Last week my daughter answered my cell phone while I was driving. she explained "yes this is Brent's cell... he asked me to answer it...No, he is driving...NO, he is busy driving the car...NO!, we are Going Down the Road Now, but I can take a message or have him call you later...NO... ..."

One teenager, & one grown up got the message.

rider tip: sometimes, A person on a cell phone can look right at you, but it just does not register. Ride like you are invisible., To some of them, you are.
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          Ken,
          sorry this tragedy hit so close to you.

The focused attention, vehicle operator responsibility, "hang up & DRIVE" concept is gaining ground even among some teenage girls. Example; Last week my daughter answered my cell phone while I was driving. she explained "yes this is Brent's cell... he asked me to answer it...No, he is driving...NO, he is busy driving the car...NO!, we are Going Down the Road Now, but I can take a message or have him call you later...NO... ..."

One teenager, & one grown up got the message.

rider tip: sometimes, A person on a cell phone can look right at you, but it just does not register. Ride like you are invisible., To some of them, you are.
          I don't answer my phone when I'm driving. I don't turn it off, cause I can tell by the ring generally if it's someone I know, so I can stop when I have a chance and call them back. If someone is in the car with me then I just hand the phone to them and have them answer. Of course I still see idiots on the phone here, even thought it's now a bigger fine AND comes with points on the license now. It's about time they start cracking down on this.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news. Every time I throw my leg over my bike I wonder if or when my number will come up. The way people drive these days combined with the traffic volume has me not even using my bike during rush hour periods. Who wants to use their bike just to sit in traffic anyway?
            It goes without saying that this was not an accident. It is a tragedy caused by CARELESS driving!
            Here in Ontario it is now illegal to use a cell phone while driving but is not well enforced and the fines are not a true deterrent. It seems to me that if they really wanted to stop this sort of activity they would increase the penalty and fines to a level that is similar to drinking and driving.
            Rob
            KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
            1978 XS500E
            1979 XS1100F Restored
            1980 XS1100 SG
            1981 Suzuki GS1100
            1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
            1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

The Jammer answer to cell phone abuse.

The make cellphone jammers but currently they are illegal to possess here in the states. I would like to see a low powered unit made legal for use on motorcycles. Definitely something to talk to congress about.

http://www.jammer-store.com/
              79 SF ; 77 XS650D

Comment

Originally posted by CheckMark View Post
                The make cellphone jammers but currently they are illegal to possess here in the states. I would like to see a low powered unit made legal for use on motorcycles. Definitely something to talk to congress about.

http://www.jammer-store.com/
                That would be blocking legal and ok, and needed cell phone use at the same time, since the problem is the DRIVER using the cell phone, not passengers, and they ARE needed in emergencies. Imagine having a jammer and getting in an accident and nobody being able to call for help because of your jammer.
                Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                OEM Luggage Rack
                Spade Fuse Box
                750 FD Mod
                XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by 79XS11F View Post
                  Sorry to hear this sad news. Every time I throw my leg over my bike I wonder if or when my number will come up. The way people drive these days combined with the traffic volume has me not even using my bike during rush hour periods. Who wants to use their bike just to sit in traffic anyway?
                  It goes without saying that this was not an accident. It is a tragedy caused by CARELESS driving!
                  Here in Ontario it is now illegal to use a cell phone while driving but is not well enforced and the fines are not a true deterrent. It seems to me that if they really wanted to stop this sort of activity they would increase the penalty and fines to a level that is similar to drinking and driving.
                  Rob
                  They need to apply points just like for speeding etc, and if you get enough points take the license away. They have recently gone to that here, and are starting to crack down on it. It's not enough yet, but frankly it's going to take a while before people start to get the message, and maybe even some people losing their license over it.
                  Cy

Vetter Windjammer IV
                  Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                  OEM Luggage Rack
                  Spade Fuse Box
                  750 FD Mod
                  XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                  XJ1100 Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
                    They need to apply points just like for speeding etc, and if you get enough points take the license away.
                    Thats what happens here. Text or call/answer (allowed to answer, but must pull over to continue conversation) while driving. $150.00 fine (not much) and 35 demerit points. We get 100 points to lose. Lose them within 12 months and you're off the road for 6 months, lose them within 24 months and you're off the road for 3. They have a shelf life of 24 months from the time you collect them.

During holiday seasons, Christmas, Easter etc, they often double the points and reduce the tolerence's on speed radars and camera's. Usually we can get away with up to 10km/h over the limit before being ticketed, but during holidays it's reduced to 5km/h (3mph)

Demerits have been quite effective in reducing the problem, but's it's never going to eliminate it. There's always going to be the hard heads, and just plain stupid, that ignore it and say "it's never been a problem for me before, so why should it be one now".
                    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
                    X