No announcement yet.

Father of member, Pilot down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the memorial. Held in the Butler Aircraft hanger in Redmond, OR. 415 in attendance.
    I told a brief story that led to my reciting "High Flight" by John Gillespie McGee Jr.
    Difficult at 1st but it went well.
    Wed get back to work. Life goes on.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Sounds like a good man and a good Father
      Prayers

Comment

Pat,
        So sorry for your loss. My father was a squadron leader in WWII, I too have my pilot license and my father died way too young at the age of 62. Words can't seem to touch the loss and hurt, but it will get better. Just remember all the good times and cherish them. My condolences to you and your family.
        Jamie

Comment

Pat,

I'm very sorry about the loss of your Dad.
          My sincere condolences.

Bob
          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Pat -- I will raise a toast to the setting sun in his memory. I crop dusted and flew for years also. kcheman

Comment

Been out of the loop and almost missed it, Pat, sorry about that.

It sounds like your father was quite the pilot and and had a good time doing it! Right on! Way to go, Dad!
              -- Scott
              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Dear Pat,
                Your dad's life story would make quite a book and/or movie. He must have been quite a gentleman. He raised nice kids. Condolences and best wishes to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
                Dave
                1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Others have suggested to him that a book about him would be interesting. He didn't seem to think so.
                  He wasn't around much when I was young. I have a few negative memories that stand out. The last 30 years I've kept in regular touch with him and visited when I could. His step-children were closer to him the last year or two than the rest of us. This caused a problem with my sister when I was given Dads and Grandpas shotguns. I gave one to one of Dads step-sons as he told a fond memory a hunting trip that involved that gun (double-barrel 410 that was Grandpas).
                  As I watched family around Dad that last couple of days, I saw how close they were. I almost felt like an outsider, but I feel like that most of the time anyway.
                  Pat Kelly
                  <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                  1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                  1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

[QUOTE=Pat Kelly;32
                    . I almost felt like an outsider, but I feel like that most of the time anyway.[/QUOTE]

i also went through a period of time after my dad passed, i felt lonely in a crowded room no matter who was there,,this feeling passed with time as i,m sure it will for you ,,i hate funerals they are a fact of life,, but to me they put a family on display at there most vulnerable time,take care of yourself first and ride safe ,,slow mo!
                    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
                    moemcnally@hotmail.com
                    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

What I meant was I've felt like an outsider for nearly 52 years . Just a loner at heart.
                      Pat Kelly
                      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                      1968 F100 (Valentine)

Comment

Working...
                      X