Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trukleon

Hi all,
    I am new to this site but I know trukleon has been on this site making new and old friends for awhile and I wanted to let you all know that he died on his XS11 this last Saturday 4-26-08.
    he has been my life long friend since second grade and we both lived in Zap ND for the last ten years. Kurt was 50 year's old and had two very beautiful daughter's!!!!
    I sold him his first 750 special and then he grew a garden of yahama's I always gave him heck about it but he took it well he will be greatly missed.
    A TRUE FATHER A TRUE BRO TO THE END!!
    MY heart is broken knowing I will not get to see his smile on his face while he passes me on his bike .
    In tell we meet again BRO you are forever in my heart and may your wheel's forever keep on turning in the sky!!!!!!!!
    Brother Frito

I may not have known him personally, but still a brother on 2 wheels. A moment of silence...
    1981 XS1100S (former)
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

"Never met the man..."

... yet I know him.
      Recognized the name, but really didn't know why.
      Signed up here a month after I did, way back in 2004.
      Odd, why does his name stick in my mind?
      The man had only posted 187 times... nothing especially note-worthy about that. So I took the time to go back and read all that he had written. I wanted to find out just what sort of fellow he was.
      I'll briefly sum up what I found:
      He was a man who expressed sympathy and compassion when hearing of the troubles and misfortunes of others.
      He started threads "wishing us a Merry Christmas", or "a good Fourth of July".
      He asked a lot of questions, and was the sort of gentleman that said Thank You when he got a reply.
      He mentioned his young daughters several times over the years, obviously quite proud of them.
      I guess that's what Frito123 meant by "A True Father."

I never meet him personally..., shame, really.
      He seems like someone that I would have liked to have known better.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

What a tragic loss...

Our condolences to the family and his friends...

Thank you so much for sharing this...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Kurt and I got into it over a post about something a while ago and it got prettyy crappy via pms. We did work it out and over the next couple years, we exchanged messages wishing each other well and what not. He was always very proud of his daughters, I also have two and we would hit on things they were doing.
          It's sad to hear of him leaving us.
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

My condolences to Kurt and his family.
            Paul
            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
            1979 XS1100 Standard
            1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Condolences

It's never easy hearing of a fellow biker passing...
              Makes it that much worse when it's a member of the xs11.com family.

My sympathies to his family and friends. He sounds like someone we would have all benefited from personally knowing.

Ride on, Kurt... Ride on trukleon... Ride on.
              1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
              1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
              1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
              1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
              2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

My thoughts and prayers for his family and friends during this difficult time.
                XJ1100 Ruby Red
                XS1100LH "Midnight"
                1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Hello Frito,

Thankyou for sharing this in this obvious time of grief for you and his family! I didn't have the opportunity to meet him in person, but like Prom said, did experience his good nature thru the site and his postings.

Motorcycling is a dangerous endeavor, but so is almost anything if you're at the wrong place at the wrong time. You stated that he died while on his XS11, I can think of much worse ways to go.

He's in good company now with Bob Jones, Dave(Pathfinder), and Curt Marsh.

Again, my condolences to you and his family.
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Re: "Never met the man..."

Originally posted by prometheus578
                    ... yet I know him.
                    Recognized the name, but really didn't know why.
                    Signed up here a month after I did, way back in 2004.
                    Odd, why does his name stick in my mind?
                    The man had only posted 187 times... nothing especially note-worthy about that. So I took the time to go back and read all that he had written. I wanted to find out just what sort of fellow he was.
                    I'll briefly sum up what I found:
                    He was a man who expressed sympathy and compassion when hearing of the troubles and misfortunes of others.
                    He started threads "wishing us a Merry Christmas", or "a good Fourth of July".
                    He asked a lot of questions, and was the sort of gentleman that said Thank You when he got a reply.
                    He mentioned his young daughters several times over the years, obviously quite proud of them.
                    I guess that's what Frito123 meant by "A True Father."

I never meet him personally..., shame, really.
                    He seems like someone that I would have liked to have known better.

Prom, this says it all.

I didn't know him either but I agree with you, he seemed like someone that it would have been great to have as a friend.

Don
                    currently own;
                    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

this is the first time in awhile(couple years probably) i have signed into the forum,& just happened to check this htread..I am in shock!! Not my KUrt!!! what the hell??? I don't want it too sound like its about me,but i feel so damn guilty now,he messaged me a month before my daughter was born,i never got a chance to message him back,& naturally i forgot all about it.have been away from the forum this whole time...i'm just sitting here in shock....he was a wonderful man....had the best 3 qualities of a man! 1.loved his kids,2.loved his bike,3.loved to fish!!! i'lll truly miss our long late night conversations even more,now that i'll never talk to him again.
                      something he told me-"keep the miles flying by"
                      i'll make sure no matter what my 1100 gets running just for him one last time!!!
                      love you buddy!!!
                      81 xs1100sh......."the black-*itch"

NOT ALL MEN ARE ANNOYING.......
                      SOME ARE DEAD

Comment

Wish you were still here so I could wish you a happy birthday Leon.
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

Working...
                        X