Bob Jones Memorial Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Jones Memorial Ride

I am trying to organize a spring ride to honor Bob. We have chosen two weekends, and I need feed back on what would work best for anyone interested. May 17th-18th or May 24th-25th. We would meet some where in Harrison, Arkansas; ride Hwy 7 (Bob's favorite). There is a spot between Harrison and Russelville on 7 where there is a beautiful view. More details to follow. Right now I just want your choice of a date.

Thanks,

Karla Jones
    Bob's wife

Re: Bob Jones Memorial Ride

Karla,

Thanks SO much for planning this.

I believe May 17 &18 is the preferred time.

There is an XSeast rally in the Poconos (30th anniversary of the bike etc.) Several XS owners have plans & reservations for that rally. While not all of them will ride/travel to Arkansas, some Would.

Originally posted by karkj
    I am trying to organize a spring ride to honor Bob. We have chosen two weekends, and I need feed back on what would work best for anyone interested. May 17th-18th or May 24th-25th. We would meet some where in Harrison, Arkansas; ride Hwy 7 (Bob's favorite). There is a spot between Harrison and Russelville on 7 where there is a beautiful view. More details to follow. Right now I just want your choice of a date.

Thanks,

Karla Jones
    Bob's wife
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Bob Jones Memorial Ride

I received this from Karla Jones and she asked me to pass it along. . . Bohn

Hi Guys,

We decided on a date for the Memorial ride for Bob. Saturday June 7th we will meet in Harrison, Arkansas at 9:30 at the Hardee’s. Please mark your calendars. We will then go down 7 Hwy about one hour to a spot in the mountains Charlie and Bob used to stop at. Please contact me with questions or concerns. Also, please send on or contact anyone else you know is interested. I’ll get back to you with more information later (the exact address of Hardees).

Thanks,

Karla Jones
      Bohn
      78 XS750SE Bought New In 78
      80 XS1100SG "XS Combination"

Comment

Harrison, Arkansas Ride 4 Bob

Will set aside the date.

I'll know as we get closer, for sure.
        Rock Hound
        79' Eleven Special

Comment

Bob Jones Memorial Ride

The address for the Hardee's in Harrison, Arkansas is 1111 Hwy 62/65N. Phone 870-365-0165.
          Some of us are staying in Branson, Missouri Friday June 6th where we will reminise and tell stories about Bob. This is a celebration of his life; his love of the XS1100 and the many other things he did in his life.
          I hope some will be able to make it. If you need more information where we will be contact me at karlaj@kc.rr.com.
          The ride will be Saturday June 7th from Harrison, Ar down Hwy 7.
          Pray for good weather.
          Thanks to all, Karla Jones

Comment

So where will you be staying Saturday night?

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Thank you

Thank you to Karla, Bob's friends and the folks at Merriam Cycle (also Bob's friends) who arranged this ride... It was extremely touching and something that we were so fortunate to be a part of...
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

remembering bob jones

I will not be able to come on the ride remembering Bob Jones however he brought me his bike in his van several years ago all the way to virginia, and I will never forget the stories he told me while he stayed with me at my home. He parked the van and was sleeping next to my bike with all the gas fumes and he said it made him real sick, but he still delivered the bike to me as promised. I went out to dinner with him and again enjoyed his stories that he told me of his wife Karla and him driving my bike all over the counrty. I will miss him dearly and I am very sorry that I will not get a chance to go on the ride in honor of him. Please let me know if you need me to donate anything to help with the ride. god bless Bob Jones, Morgan.

Comment

Info for the 2009 Bob Jones Memorial Ride

can be found

Here

There seems to be a little confusion on the date...
                  Hopefully, this will clear it up...
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                  X