Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message editing

Hi,

Why is the a max 5min editing time after message is submitted?

This is rather annoying and I have not come across this in any forum I'm involved before this.

I was forced to make another post because there was timeout on editing (and system didn't save the editing I had done before that) just a note on the screen.

There are now two posts consecutively where the first intellicently says

" Hi, "

and nothing else. The second post I salvaged from the edit screen.

-Marko
    ---
    Marko
    '81 SH

"You have the right to be annoyed. If you give up that right you will still be annoyed."

The reason is so that people realize that they have a responsibility to choose their words carefully. Typos aside (hence the 5 minute rule) everyone must realize that they can't just go back at a later date and attempt to "change history" by deleting or changing their post to paint themselves in a better light after the fact.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Comment

Could we make it 30 minutes?

It gives some time to read the message and make some adjustments (yes I do use the preview but still) if for some reason there is need to do so.

The history, in my view, can't be changed so much in 30 minutes?

-Marko

P.S. I hope this is not again some legal issue we have to deal with...
      ---
      Marko
      '81 SH

Comment

30 minutes!?! That seems a bit excessive. You know about the preview and so you probably know that you can work a little, preview, work some more, preview, etc. until you get the message exactly the way you want it.

I think we'll stick to 5.

Comment

Working...
        X