new member , can not post anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member , can not post anything

do not have the option to post to any forum , also cant subscribe to anything ?

Well, you posted here.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

im pretty sure thats standard for most members, mine is the same way. im not sure but i think the guys that have a higher rating and have been on the forum for a while can post in other places and subscribe.

Comment

leroy79:

You can post in the various forums.

Click on "Forums" in the solid horizonal bar at the top of the page, directly under the motorcycle pictures.

An outline of the forums will appear in the left margin.

Click on the forum or sub-forum where you want to post.

The will be a "+New Topic" in the left margin, part way down the page. Click this button to start a new thread.

Last edited by Radioguylogs; 05-06-2021, 12:16 AM.
        -Mike
        _________
        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by leroy79 View Post
          do not have the option to post to any forum , also cant subscribe to anything ?

Originally posted by Bderum View Post
          im pretty sure thats standard for most members, mine is the same way. im not sure but i think the guys that have a higher rating and have been on the forum for a while can post in other places and subscribe.

With the problem you are describing it sounds to me like you haven't actually Logged In first??
          Site is VIEWABLE (Read Only) to anyone that visits xs11.club but to Post as a member of course you first have to LOG IN.
          See the top right banner that says: Login or Sign Up ? That's where you Log IN to open a session by putting in your User Name and Password.
          Then PRESTO you can type away and Post as needed.

BTW, there are NO tiered memberships. There are site Administrators and Moderators to help keep the site up and content in control. But no regular User / Member has more access or posting authority than another.

Hope that helps ..........

Jeff
          Last edited by JeffH; 05-06-2021, 06:59 AM.
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by Bderum View Post
            yep thats what i am seeing , has to because of me being a new member

Comment

The site was upgraded a week or two ago. Send neezer a PM as he is the Administrator. Sounds like something wrong with new user rights after the upgrade.

DiverRay is a moderator and if he read this maybe he has some insight into the issue you two new subscribers are having. Seems new user was fine before the upgrade.

Jeff
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E
              78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
              '99 Triumph Sprint ST
              '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Yeah idk I have looked for a pretty diligently and there is no new topic tab in any forum outside of members lounge that’s why I’ve just been posting in there. I’ll message neezer about it.

Comment

Here is what I get / see when I just view xs11.club vs. what I get / see when I Login

So this is just xs11.club without a Login:

Southeast
                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  20th Annual Vintage Yamaha Rally Sept 23-27, 2021
                  Started by JeffH, 02-04-2021, 04:19 PM
                  14 responses
                  1 like

by JeffH
                  05-04-2021, 06:22 AM

So this is just xs11.club after I Login with my User Name & Password
                  Note it is the same, except a blue
                  + New Topic box pops up:

Southeast

TOPICS LATEST ACTIVITY MY SUBSCRIPTIONS PHOTOS
                  • + New Topic
                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  20th Annual Vintage Yamaha Rally Sept 23-27, 2021
                  Started by JeffH, 02-04-2021, 06:19 PM
                  14 responses
                  1 like

by JeffH
                  05-04-2021, 08:22 AM

So apparently when you are Logged in with User & Password that + New Topic box is not appearing. Whether you are on PC or Cellphone the + New Topic box should appear if things are working properly.

As for the SUBSCRIBED tab. My SUBSCRIBE tab is checked so apparently SUBSCRIBED is the default once we are logged on. I can click on that to UNSUBSCRIBE but that's it. You can check with Nezzer but it appears that is an Opt OUT and Subscribed is the default.

Sorry you are having trouble. Was wondering if when you were logged in that you had the Notifications Box and the Message Box at the very top right next to your User Name and LogOff menu?

So if you are not getting that +New Topic box after you are logged in the hopefully Nezzer can help as long as you can MSG / PM Nezzer.

Good Luck,
                  Jeff
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I messaged him about it and haven't gotten a response yet. I definitely only have a + NEW TOPIC in the first three forums. it disappears in any forum maintenance and bellow. also I am definitely logged in. in any case it doesn't really make much difference as long as no one gets pissed when I post in members lounge.

Comment

I think the forums from maintenance and below were closed/locked years ago. They are now for info/reference only. No one is able to post to those forums except maybe an admin. Take a look at the dates on those posts , they are mostly at least 10 years old, but the info still applies today. I think of those sections as a vast library of knowledge. Some of the older guys here can correct me if I am wrong about them being closed/locked.
                      Bob's Bikes:
                      79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
                      https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
                      https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
                      "
                      Project XS11"
                      "Rucksack Grunt"
                      "Small Unit Leadership"
                      "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
                      For Sale Here.

Comment

Yes, many of the sections are locked and are for reference only. It's always been that way. We are lucky we can edit now at any time. Used to be a 10 min. limit after posting IIRC.
                        2H7 (79)
                        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                        X