Subscribe to forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscribe to forum?

This may be a dumb question, but why would I subscribe to a forum? Would this allow me to see certain threads, get email notification or ....? How would it be different than just going to the forum and browsing it?
    Thanks in advance
    Jason
    Jason K.
    '80 XS1100G
    '80 XS850LG
    '96 FZR600

I have mine set to automatically subscribe to any thread I reply to or start. This gets me an email anytime somebody replies. I believe subscribing to a forum gives you an email anytime anybody replies to anything in that forum. I will have to try it out and make sure !!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

A good explanation is in the FAQ section. The first FAQ is "Why Register?" Check it out

F.A.Q page
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

I understand why it is helpful to "register"- to get all this great info about 11's. I was just wondering what would happen when I "subscribed" to certain forum or threads. I guess the best way to find out is to subscribe to a few- starting with this thread- and see what happens.
        Thanks again
        Jason
        Jason K.
        '80 XS1100G
        '80 XS850LG
        '96 FZR600

Comment

Ah now I understand your question! Why subscribe to a thread or a particular forum!!! I think Wayne thought you meant, why subscribe in the first place (I did too)

If you select use Email by default in UserCP/Edit Options, then whenever anyone posts to a forum/thread you're interested in, you will get an email notification.
          Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Actually, when you post a message in a thread you're automatically subscribed to that thread - UNLESS you uncheck the box below where you make your reply that says:

Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies. Only registered users are eligible.

Comment

Working...
            X