How to Post PHOTOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Post PHOTOS?

how do i capture a picture and post my baby in this site? me no so smart! I say pic's of that xj for sale in canada and think my ride is cleaner. but need to flaunt it! as ted nugent sang," When in doudt I whip it out! "

Go to "idle talk forum".... then "forum How To..." several threads there.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Photo posting, how to.

Hey there SD,

I really need to make an updated HOW TO tech tip in the HOW TO FORUM for this! Jerry posted one, but it is a bit confusing even for me, and I know how to !!

Okay, this web site doesn't store photos for posts, aside from the few in the tech tips that only the Moderators have access to for uploading! This was to keep operational prices down!

So...you have to be able to "link" to a photo stored on an internet server somewhere! Some folks have gone to places like PHOTODUMP.com, gotten a "Free" membership, and uploaded their photos there.

**Update: Photodump changed their direct linking policy, and won't allow it, you'll only get a thumbnail and the viewer will have to click on the link to go to the photodump to view the full size image!
      Photobucket I believe still allows direct linking!?

PLEASE TRY TO FORMAT THEM in sizes of 640x480 or smaller to prevent sidescrolling of text in messages that will get WRAPPED as WIDE as the posted displayed photo!
      Also, try to compress the JPGs to around 100K or less for faster uploading and displaying! When you upload your photo to the public server, after it gets loaded, with Photodump, you'll be given several strings of text....use the IMG string, copy that string... it's the URL code for where the photo is stored, put it into a text file for now! It'll look something like:
      http://www.photodump.com/gallery/bikephoto.jpg

Now, if your ISP provides you with Web Page storage, then you can use your own server once you get it set up with your ISP, you usually have to contact them, or go to your ISP's customer service web site, and "ACTIVATE" your web space, then you can create folders, and upload your photos there. Once you have uploaded them, then get the PROPERTIES or SHORTCUT/URL to the photos...again it'll look something like my photos URLs:
      http://www.cox.net/topcatgr/bikephoto.jpg

Now, open a reply or new thread, and where you want to photo to appear, either click the IMG button, then just paste the URL for each photo in that pop up window, and it will automatically be pasted into the message with the proper VB codes around it....
      the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] without the extra spaces inside the brackets!! And then when you post the message, the FORUM will pull the photos from their urls and post them in the message for all to see!

I have turned off the AUTO Parse URLs codes so that you can see these VB codes....in the message you don't see them!
      HTH!
      PS.. Please, SD, don't keep posting about what I know, I don't know much, and I have gotten a lot of what I know from the real GURU's here on XS11.com, they really deserve the credit, I'm just active here(read I don't have a LIFE!)
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Yeah, TC.... no life... like why are we both on here at 7:45 in the morn? hehehe.

Comment

Hey Prom,

YOU may be on at 7:45 am, but I slept in, wasn't on till 11:45 EST!! East Coast zone, but I do get on here quite often. I'm on vacation now finalizing my reservations and trip plans and such for the NY rally, and destination beyond afterwards! Gotta finish checking the wiring for the trailer, wash Godzilla, things like that! Later!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham

Comment

top cat

sounds like a very complex process to put a picture here. I just wanted to show my xj turned out !I think some of the guys would appreiceate a few show and tell photos. Think I'll stick to riding ! Anyone in Mn, want to put on a few miles?

Comment

I use Photobucket.com If I can figure it out, Just about anyone can. I believe that they resize automaticly through photobucket but I'm not sure.

Kinda like that. Just gotta remember to remove the[img] from both ends. They will be automaticly added
              S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
              1-big XS patch
              1-small XS/XJ patch
              1-XS/XJ owners pin.
              1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
              2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
              1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
              1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

THAT,S REALY NICE

Now that,s realy a nice bike even packed to go

XSively
                Bruce
                Bruce Gerken
                '79 XS1100SF
                "The Black"
                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                The Red Sled.
                St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Here, does this work?

Comment

this is kind of fun...this one is called 'the ugly'...

Comment

.. resizeing the pic to fit the regular thred size is a pain, we got the first two pics right but cant seem to size the third pic right

but thanx TC for the instructions

Comment

... the Ugly?

There is no such thing as an ugly XS. Some are just more.... well... Uumm...

Comment

Hey Gene,

That ain't ugly, it's just "Well ridden" !! A simple seat repair would do wonders for it's aesthetics!

What program are you using to resize the photos? IF it's already a JPG, then you can open it in Windows Paint,First Select IMAGE, Attributes to see it's dimensions...click on the pixels radio button, then note it's width in pixels, then close that popup window!

Then Select IMAGE, then STRETCH and SKEW, then use the percentage blocks.....IF the original is 1280, then click 50% for Horiz and Vert(same amounts always for both),
                          If Orig=1920, you want ~33%
                          If Orig=2560, you want 25%, If it's much larger than that, then you'll just need to calculate what % 640 is of the Orig Width!

Glad you were able to post your shots!
                          T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham

Comment

Also when playing with the MSPaint resize function just remember. You can resize down but never up.
                            I liek to just reduce in 50% increments until it gets to where I want it.
                            Increasing the size will screw a photo up pretty bad.
                            Also Before messing with your Pic Rename it. Never mess with the original.
                            79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
                            07 V-star 1100
                            Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Who needs a dining room table?!

Comment

Working...
                              X