Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???'s about the classified ads

site dudes, ;O)

i'm wondering what is SUPPOSED to happen when someone clicks on any of the ads posted within a classified category (i.e. parts for sale). my browser opens a blank page.

i have installed Opera for accessing the forum, but when trying to open a classified ad, my 'blank page' result is the same as when i used netscape.

btw, what i was _expecting_ to happen is that the full ad would open, with more info and an email addy for contacting the ad poster. maybe i'm wrong about that??

i have a few things to sell, and i'm always looking for that good backup or replacement part. the classifieds are frustrating me!

thanks,
    - dan
    - thinker57@lycos.com
    - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

That sounds weird. You might want to check your browser settings. Wayne might have a thought.

BTW, you won't see the seller's email address. We're trying to prevent spam harvesters from grabbing them.

Comment

Well Stray, that does sound strange. The pict here shows recomended preferences for Opera.

Notice that the identify option near the bottom is set to "Identify as MSIE 5.0" It seems that is the best setting for overall viewing. I believe Opera loads with this set to "Identify as Opera"
      Take a look at make sure your QuickPreference are set this way, then shut down the computer and reconnect to the internet.

This might also have been caused by just alot of internet traffic in your area and the url (internet address) just could not connect.

If you still have problems let me know, I will do everything I can to help you.
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

wayne,

yep, thats exactly how my opera sub-menu looks. i DL'd & installed the full version, thinking i might have java probs with netscape. it doesnt seem to matter when i try, the next 'layer' of the classifieds just will not display to me.

let me give it a shot using IE before you spend anymore time on it, ok? thanks wayne!
        - dan
        - thinker57@lycos.com

Comment

some progress

i opened up IE and tried the classifieds, same result... then, i hadda BRILLIANT idea...

i shut down my internet safety progs! and the answering machine too!

i got right thru to a FULL classified ad!

so, altho it isnt completely SOLVED, the problem is here on my machine.

i wont waste anymore of anyone else's time on this, and i apologize for not investigating this sooner. i should've guessed, and tried this long ago. sorry guys...
          - dan
          - thinker57@lycos.com

Comment

LOL!

I knew it had to be something "local." Glad you found "a" solution. Hope you can find "the" solution as well.

Comment

No problem Stray, Im gald your on the right track to fixing the problem.
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Working...
              X