Spell Checker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell Checker

Is there a spell checker on this forum? I really need it.
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Spell checker

Sorry, Bill, AFAIK, there isn't. If JP or Gary know different, I'm sure they'll speak up.

for long posts, you could compose in some other editor w/ a spell checker in it, then copy and paste it in the msg window here...

not an elegant solution...
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

That is one of the big downfalls of this system...(last one too), I usually don't care, but if I do I run the text in WORD first to correct spellun.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Uh, that is correctly spelled, "Aggravation."

Comment

I use the "Preview Reply" to double check for obvious spelling errors. If im posting a longer comment, then I usually copy it, throw it in my Outlook or Word and 'speel chekk' it.
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Maybe this will help?

I received this info in a tech email. I have not tried this and I'm not endorsing it. Maybe it works - I don't know and I can't personally provide any support for it. Now that the disclaimers are in place...
            Download of the Week...

Warren Contreras of http://www.webcraft101.com/ writes:

"I like to post in various Forums but most don't have a spell checker, or if they do, it's slow and inefficient. To overcome this problem, I installed ieSpell, which works as a plug-in for Internet Explorer. Now, a single right click gets the job done quickly and efficiently. And it works on any Web-based input form."

In addition to being handy for message boards, ieSpell is also great for any Web-based mail users. Since many people judge you by your writing, it's an extremely good idea to spell check anything that you post on the Web or any emails that you send out -- I've been using the spell check feature in my email client (Eudora Pro 5) since I first started using it more than four years ago...

Program Name: ieSpell
            URL: http://www.iespell.com

Comment

Ok lets try it. Can you find the misspelling?

Wow, works really well.
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
              The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

I downloaded iSpell and have been using it for several days. OS is Win 98, browser is IE 5.5 (5.50.4134.0600IS) and it seems to be working OK.
                Jerry Fields
                '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                '06 Concours
                My Galleries Page.
                My Blog Page.
                "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                X