How do I find the threads I want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find the threads I want?

The XS/XJ discussion area is getting pretty big, 76 threads - wait til there are thousands of threads!

Since most of us are new at this forum thing, I thought I'd point out that at the bottom of each page of threads is a very useful thread sorting interface you can use to organize what you see in different ways.

Also, in your UserCP, Edit Options, you can set 2 default thread/post settings to customize your own default view.

Between the user-set default view and the sorting tool, you can have a lot of control over what you see.
    Last edited by Mike Hart; 07-25-2002, 11:52 AM.
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Finding the most viewed or most replied to threads

If you're curious about which threads are the most viewed or most replied to, use Search:

You have to 'trick' the input a little: in Search by Keyword, put in this - *e* OR *a* - that should find almost every post

Then Sort Results By... number of views, or, number or replies.
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Another problem is the "Default View" I have mine set to view all threads that way all threads are there in numerous pages. The default view varys from forum to forum but right now is usually 30-60 days. What this means is threads that are older than this are not displayed, you must search for them or link to them to find them. Most people don't want to look at threads older than this anyway, so if one of your threads disappears......do a seach for it, it there, just not displayed by default. Or you change you default veiw like I did.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
      X