Turn Signal Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signal Relay

Any idea how to test if the turn signal relay is bad? I made some mods and I'm trying to eliminate wiring as an issue. I get power to the turn signals, but they don't flash. The mod I did was put a new Hayabusa left switch because it has a built in choke cable. Works really nice with the ZRX1200 carbs.

Gene
    Gene (Florida)
    1980 XS1100SG
    Accel Coils
    4-1 Jardine Exhaust

My XJ came with a self-cancelling relay and I believe other models had the same. Easiest way is to just get a standard 2-prong relay at your auto parts store. (Original has 3 prongs.) Plug the 2-prong in; there are only 2 ways, using center + left or center + right on the socket, and if you get it wrong the first time nothing will get damaged. See if one of those works.

In fact I use a two-prong when pulling my small trailer behind the XJ. Looses the auto-cancel feature (which I seldom used anyway) and handled the load of the additional turn lights.

Several old threads on this; use the search feature and look for "auto cancelling" or "turn light relay" and see what you find.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
    X